Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156318 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2009, 01:07:54 am »
and back at the Brown Horse Ranch:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/324711.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2009, 01:23:46 pm »
SPOILERS

“She keeps... movin stuff around...” Wes muttered....

:laugh:  Even funnier that Colson called him on it!  I imagine, though, that Edna is just as happy that the division of labor be strictly adhered to in the Brown household!

That sleepy smile and easygoing rapport with Wes charmed him, though, and Colson could feel himself want to say something, to add to the conversation... or to ask about the mare. Maybe there would be time to talk to him when he re-examined her. Wes had retreated to his study, and Colson found himself feeling awkward and ashamed...

Aw, Colson.  I found this very touching and sweet.  He's still coming to terms with things - and the compulsory celibacy while Ellery is recuperating is making matters worse.  Glad he was at the ranch so that he and Nellie could have their "talk."   Thanks, Louise.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2009, 02:58:57 pm »

And you know DANG WELL that Edna hasn't moved anything around for YEARS!  He just probably hasn't opened a cabinet in that long!

Yes, our old friend Wes just -- being Wes!

I love writing about Colson's relationship with his horses, which sort of puts a bug in my ear to write more of that.  I spent 15 years with horses and there were a great number of private conversations!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2009, 11:03:18 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2009, 01:05:10 pm »

And the plot deepens...

http://louisev.livejournal.com/324931.html

SPOILERS

Sansone's story about his daughter is heartbreaking.  But it looks like he may be able to provide Joe with some valuable information.

“An I got ta leave early,” she said sheepishly.

Ahh, another hot date, Carol?   ;D  And it looks like things could get ugly if Joe gets back late!  Thanks, Louise.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2009, 02:29:20 pm »

SPOILERS

Sansone's story about his daughter is heartbreaking.  But it looks like he may be able to provide Joe with some valuable information.

“An I got ta leave early,” she said sheepishly.

Ahh, another hot date, Carol?   ;D  And it looks like things could get ugly if Joe gets back late!  Thanks, Louise.

She ain't tellin!

Any guesses on what Reynolds was doing in the Gents?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2009, 01:44:32 am »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2009, 02:43:12 pm »
chapter 16!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/325135.html

SPOILERS

Oh my.  I hate to say this, and as much as I hate physical violence, Katie Ann is sitting on my last nerve.  She calls Ellery - who is recovering from a serious injury - because her mother slapped her?  And why was she so pissed off when Laura said it was different for Katie Ann to march down and confront the "other woman"?  And, I don't know, was little Stevie really her motivation for going to Prescott anyway?  I think her embarrassment over Jeremy was a bigger factor.  I feel sorry little Stevie most of all. 

Maybe I'm just in a crappy mood, but she needs to sit and have a cold soft drink somewhere, calm herself down, act like a freaking adult for once and head back home.  I'm tired of these damsel in distress calls to Ellery and her dad.  They went through enough of that nonsense when she was breaking up with Bud.  And I haven't forgotten how she blew things out of proportion then.  :-\

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2009, 10:31:23 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh my.  I hate to say this, and as much as I hate physical violence, Katie Ann is sitting on my last nerve.  She calls Ellery - who is recovering from a serious injury - because her mother slapped her?  And why was she so pissed off when Laura said it was different for Katie Ann to march down and confront the "other woman"?  And, I don't know, was little Stevie really her motivation for going to Prescott anyway?  I think her embarrassment over Jeremy was a bigger factor.  I feel sorry little Stevie most of all. 

Maybe I'm just in a crappy mood, but she needs to sit and have a cold soft drink somewhere, calm herself down, act like a freaking adult for once and head back home.  I'm tired of these damsel in distress calls to Ellery and her dad.  They went through enough of that nonsense when she was breaking up with Bud.  And I haven't forgotten how she blew things out of proportion then.  :-\

Yeppers.  She is truly her mother's daughter!  The drama, the drama!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2009, 01:03:34 am »
And now, back to the sickroom...!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/325754.html  Chapter 17