Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156327 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2009, 01:01:24 pm »
SPOILERS

“I don’t think it’s all that black an white, Ellery.”

You can say that again, Edna!  Most things in life never are, of course, but you can double that caveat when it comes to the Grey girls. 

I'm impressed that Henry already has a fairly good handle on dealing with Ellery.  No small feat, that.  Especially an Ellery withdrawing from morphine.  And the way Ellery said "my Jeremy Dupree"  - to Nick's dad no less - was priceless!   :laugh:  Thanks, Louise.

P.S.  Thank God for Edna  :)
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2009, 08:42:32 am »
sorry for not updating the last two nights... i've been socked with asthma from the mold blooms and rain, dentist visit, blabbity blah...

but I'm doing a slight bit better today and have high hopes for actually writing something tonight!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2009, 07:33:21 pm »
Oh, gosh, no need for apologies, Louise.  Hope you feel more than slightly better soon!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2009, 01:10:44 am »
At last, an extra-long chapter to make up for two days of woolgathering and naps!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/326132.html Chapter 18!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2009, 12:45:10 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, man.  Stevens is some piece of work.  Funny - and telling - to see how his conversation with Henry unnerved him so.  Talk about your "us vs. them" mentality.

A very interesting exchange with Esteban.  Joe is certainly juggling a lot of balls in the air - as is Wes.  I have to say that I really like that he wasn't going to cut Carol any slack, either.  He's a true leader, our Wesley.   :)  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2009, 02:23:23 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, man.  Stevens is some piece of work.  Funny - and telling - to see how his conversation with Henry unnerved him so.  Talk about your "us vs. them" mentality.

A very interesting exchange with Esteban.  Joe is certainly juggling a lot of balls in the air - as is Wes.  I have to say that I really like that he wasn't going to cut Carol any slack, either.  He's a true leader, our Wesley.   :)  Thanks, Louise!

Nobody gets any slack except the Boy Wonder.  Which will come up later, and reveal the true chink in Wes's normally impervious armor.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2009, 02:33:03 pm »
Nobody gets any slack except the Boy Wonder. 

Oh, natch!  Goes without saying!  "Boy Wonder"  :laugh:

Which will come up later, and reveal the true chink in Wes's normally impervious armor.

Oooh, I hope I don't sound too evil saying "Can't wait for that!"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2009, 02:35:01 pm »
Oh, natch!  Goes without saying!  "Boy Wonder"  :laugh:

Oooh, I hope I don't sound too evil saying "Can't wait for that!"

As Ellery has said more than once, "I was born ta do evil."  And he isn't the only one.  He gets it from me!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2009, 11:50:54 am »
Look what I found, Chapter 19:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/326373.html?#cutid1

SPOILERS

Dr. Gus, the vet is a real gem!  His presence alone brings a sense of calm, not only because of his obvious experience and expertise, but from the very natural and soothing bedside manner he displays with all his "patients" - the horses and the humans.   :)

“Let’s go look after em then. You an me. Together.”

“An Edna,” Colson said, his voice raspy with grief.

Nicely done, Wesley, nicely done.  Thanks, Louise.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2009, 12:37:24 pm »
Look what I found, Chapter 19:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/326373.html?#cutid1

oh yeah, it was about 1:30 a.m. when I finished up there, and I think I never actually hit "post" when I put the link up.  Or maybe I was dreaming it!

SPOILERS

Dr. Gus, the vet is a real gem!  His presence alone brings a sense of calm, not only because of his obvious experience and expertise, but from the very natural and soothing bedside manner he displays with all his "patients" - the horses and the humans.   :)

“Let’s go look after em then. You an me. Together.”

“An Edna,” Colson said, his voice raspy with grief.

Nicely done, Wesley, nicely done.  Thanks, Louise.

you are very very welcome!  Wesley's got to hold onto his paternal bona fides somehow don't he? heheheh