Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156304 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2009, 10:44:18 pm »
Writing at this hour...!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2009, 12:17:28 am »
and I finally eked out chapter 24!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/327606.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2009, 01:15:24 pm »
and I finally eked out chapter 24!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/327606.html

SPOILERS

Oh, boy.  You know things are bad when we get not only a "damn" but a "Jesus Christ" out of Edna!  She and Wesley make a great team - very smart of her to get Henry on his way. 

And poor Colson.   :(  What a nightmare this is for him.  He just want his Ellery - with his brains - back. 

You know this is beginning to remind me of one of those lightbulb jokes.  How many people does it take to get Ellery to follow doctor's orders?  Thanks, Louise.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2009, 08:07:19 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, boy.  You know things are bad when we get not only a "damn" but a "Jesus Christ" out of Edna!  She and Wesley make a great team - very smart of her to get Henry on his way. 

And poor Colson.   :(  What a nightmare this is for him.  He just want his Ellery - with his brains - back. 

You know this is beginning to remind me of one of those lightbulb jokes.  How many people does it take to get Ellery to follow doctor's orders?  Thanks, Louise.

yep!  I'm tempted to barrel ahead... but duty calls, and I have to put in some hours tonight doing things that are terribly terribly boring!!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2009, 01:53:56 am »
yee hah!

Chapter 25!  And yes, MORE POLICEMEN!!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/327827.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2009, 01:04:34 pm »
SPOILERS

Well, well, this is an interesting turn of events!  You've always got one up your sleeve, don't you, Louise?   :laugh:

A tall, lanky, blond policeman in a well-fitted uniform - sounds like just the thing to get Katie Ann's mind off of Detective Sargeant Dupree.  This is great!  Thanks, Louise.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2009, 08:02:06 am »
SPOILERS

Well, well, this is an interesting turn of events!  You've always got one up your sleeve, don't you, Louise?   :laugh:

A tall, lanky, blond policeman in a well-fitted uniform - sounds like just the thing to get Katie Ann's mind off of Detective Sargeant Dupree.  This is great!  Thanks, Louise.

well it IS the State Police.  Actually, this particular McElhaney is historically correct, and I wonder how he's going to feel about being written into a novel...? hee hee.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2009, 10:44:44 pm »
okay i am working on a chapter

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2009, 01:27:29 am »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2009, 12:36:45 pm »
SPOILERS

I don't know which is funnier:

"Constipated? I didn’t know jerkin off was good for that ...”

or

“I can’t pee in that bathroom no more now!”

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Oh, good grief.  But what's not funny is the foundation of all this absurdity.  And with the department stretched beyond its limits as it is.   >:(