Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156708 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« on: July 25, 2009, 06:57:56 pm »

And without further ado, and a week after I started my little fitness vacation, here is the opening chapter of "Agents of the Law."

http://louisev.livejournal.com/320888.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 08:46:15 pm »

And without further ado, and a week after I started my little fitness vacation, here is the opening chapter of "Agents of the Law."

http://louisev.livejournal.com/320888.html

And we're off!   Yay!!  Don't tell the other boys, but I think I've developed a crush on Joe!   :laugh:  That was so great getting to see him at home and it's clear he really does take enjoyment in his children.  I love how he relates to Jeremiah - he'll make a great lawyer for sure  :)  I'm glad Wes is going to "sleep on it" - it's a tricky situation.  And I hope the fact that Dupree said the free time was making him nuts doesn't mean he and Nicky were arguing the whole time  :-\

:laugh: at "Mormon" Park becoming private property!  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:02:48 pm »
And we're off!   Yay!!  Don't tell the other boys, but I think I've developed a crush on Joe!   :laugh:  That was so great getting to see him at home and it's clear he really does take enjoyment in his children.  I love how he relates to Jeremiah - he'll make a great lawyer for sure  :)  I'm glad Wes is going to "sleep on it" - it's a tricky situation.  And I hope the fact that Dupree said the free time was making him nuts doesn't mean he and Nicky were arguing the whole time  :-\

:laugh: at "Mormon" Park becoming private property!  Thanks, Louise!

little private joke about being "ripped from the headlines!"  Glad to see everyone so enthused about a sequel!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 12:40:41 pm »
Agents of the law, Chapter 2: and it's not even noon yet!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/321158.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 08:25:23 pm »
Agents of the law, Chapter 2: and it's not even noon yet!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/321158.html

Well, they were all in rare form, weren't they?   :laugh:  And Ellery "Mr. Diplomacy" Cantrell talking about how Dupree and Esteban aren't "diplomatic" is priceless!   :laugh:  But, oh boy, Jeremy and Esteban working together - Henry's going to have his work cut out for him.  But who knows?  It might be the best thing for them.  At least Nick won't be jealous of Esteban! 

But I'm afraid Wes may have a big "I told you so" thrown in his face regarding Lewis Stevens!

And, yeah, it's probably a good idea for Colson to go back to work  :-\   Poor boys.  Even the "Queer Book of Sex Etiquette" can't help them!  :laugh:  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 08:44:01 pm »
Well, they were all in rare form, weren't they?   :laugh:  And Ellery "Mr. Diplomacy" Cantrell talking about how Dupree and Esteban aren't "diplomatic" is priceless!   :laugh:  But, oh boy, Jeremy and Esteban working together - Henry's going to have his work cut out for him.  But who knows?  It might be the best thing for them.  At least Nick won't be jealous of Esteban! 

But I'm afraid Wes may have a big "I told you so" thrown in his face regarding Lewis Stevens!

And, yeah, it's probably a good idea for Colson to go back to work  :-\   Poor boys.  Even the "Queer Book of Sex Etiquette" can't help them!  :laugh:  Thanks, Louise!

well yes, as soon as Ellery perks back up and gets his "edge" back so too returns his less-than-diplomatic personality!!  But even Wesley Brown has been known to be wrong.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Agents of the Law
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 09:15:54 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
Re: Agents of the Law
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 12:52:50 pm »

and here is Chapter 3!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/321431.html

SPOILERS

Little wonder Jeremy loves his Nicky - he's so unpredictably adorable.  It's sweet to see how seriously he's taking his role as caretaker to his "invalid."  And Pam spilling the beans on Katie's Ann "comment" and Jeremy trying to say he must've "missed" her flirting was hilarious!  :laugh:  Can't blame Nick for going off into his fit of laughter! Hey, look at it this way, Jeremy - at least he's not jealous!   ;D

Jeremy is right that Colson would want to know the situation with Katie Ann being gone, and I think it's cute that Nick wants them to "adopt" Pam, albeit temporarily.  Nick's laughter aside, it looks like he and Pam are forging a bit of an alliance, which should prove interesting. 

Oh, and Dr. Sampson is now able to test for HIV?  That should be interesting, too!  Great chapter, Louise.  Thanks!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: Agents of the Law
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 02:19:38 pm »
SPOILERS

Little wonder Jeremy loves his Nicky - he's so unpredictably adorable.  It's sweet to see how seriously he's taking his role as caretaker to his "invalid."  And Pam spilling the beans on Katie's Ann "comment" and Jeremy trying to say he must've "missed" her flirting was hilarious!  :laugh:  Can't blame Nick for going off into his fit of laughter! Hey, look at it this way, Jeremy - at least he's not jealous!   ;D

Jeremy is right that Colson would want to know the situation with Katie Ann being gone, and I think it's cute that Nick wants them to "adopt" Pam, albeit temporarily.  Nick's laughter aside, it looks like he and Pam are forging a bit of an alliance, which should prove interesting. 

Oh, and Dr. Sampson is now able to test for HIV?  That should be interesting, too!  Great chapter, Louise.  Thanks!

Nick doesn't just do jealousy - he also does reality...! and I am sure he has a very good idea about just how likely Jeremy would be to give either of Colson's daughters a second glance!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 11:09:06 pm »
because I am back to 1500 + word chapters they take longer, and I ran out of time tonight.  I had insomnia last night so I am draggin' ass.  Though tomorrow is Wednesday and that means... the week will be more than half over by the time I get home!!!

I'll try to have the next one written by then!