Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156296 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 09:51:06 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 01:44:19 pm »
SPOILERS

Most of the time I eat lunch at my desk out of a Tupperware bowl...

:laugh: :laugh:  At this very moment, I am eating lunch at my desk out of a Tupperware bowl, which I also do most of the time.

Nice to see they're finding more things in common, and I like how honest Henry was in admitting to the deficiencies in his mind-reading skills!  :laugh:

And I see Henry takes his Boy Scout training seriously.  Not only is he true to his "Scout's honor," he follows the official motto to always "Be Prepared."   :laugh:  Wonderful dialogue!  Thanks, Louise.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 02:07:06 pm »
SPOILERS

Most of the time I eat lunch at my desk out of a Tupperware bowl...

:laugh: :laugh:  At this very moment, I am eating lunch at my desk out of a Tupperware bowl, which I also do most of the time.

Nice to see they're finding more things in common, and I like how honest Henry was in admitting to the deficiencies in his mind-reading skills!  :laugh:

And I see Henry takes his Boy Scout training seriously.  Not only is he true to his "Scout's honor," he follows the official motto to always "Be Prepared."   :laugh:  Wonderful dialogue!  Thanks, Louise.

uh oh, don't tell me there's an army of prosecutors out there with Tupperware bowls in the mini-fridge in the DA's office!?

hahahah.  and thank you, Marie - I'm not sure what I'd do without your daily comments on my chapters!

Okay super spoiler here:  during my insomnia of Sunday night I was mulling over the possibility or likelihood of Paula, Henry, or the both of them, having unprotected sex, even if only once, and I played out the entire story line in my head.

And then I backed out and thought... there is NO WAY a 30 year old woman with that much law school behind her and a good job, PLUS a single 40 year old local man with a long history of comfortable bachelorhood, would ever come together to throw caution to the wind in a moment of passion.

But tell me I'm wrong here.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 09:49:45 pm »
And now for chapter 5.. Reynolds, late of the Calico Cat brigade, comes into his own.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/322004.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 12:51:42 pm »
And now for chapter 5.. Reynolds, late of the Calico Cat brigade, comes into his own.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/322004.html

SPOILERS

Stellar dialogue between and among everyone! Nice to see that Carol had a date.

It'll be interesting to see just how low Stevens keeps his head.   I think it would be fascinating to watch Henry deal with him.   Reynolds absolutely cracks me up  - brightening at the request to clean the coffeepot!   :laugh:  Every office needs (and usually has) a Reynolds.   Mighty interesting sequel you've already got going here. Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 01:24:13 pm »
SPOILERS

Stellar dialogue between and among everyone! Nice to see that Carol had a date.

It'll be interesting to see just how low Stevens keeps his head.   I think it would be fascinating to watch Henry deal with him.   Reynolds absolutely cracks me up  - brightening at the request to clean the coffeepot!   :laugh:  Every office needs (and usually has) a Reynolds.   Mighty interesting sequel you've already got going here. Thanks, Louise!

Yes, they all have a Reynolds, I'm sure!  And re: Stevens, he was the officer in charge of the investigation of Pete Perdue's assault who screwed up the APB to apprehend Wilson Brand in Taking Chances.  And I wonder whether any of you remember who Drew is?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 10:37:06 pm »
Okay super spoiler here:  during my insomnia of Sunday night I was mulling over the possibility or likelihood of Paula, Henry, or the both of them, having unprotected sex, even if only once, and I played out the entire story line in my head.

And then I backed out and thought... there is NO WAY a 30 year old woman with that much law school behind her and a good job, PLUS a single 40 year old local man with a long history of comfortable bachelorhood, would ever come together to throw caution to the wind in a moment of passion.

But tell me I'm wrong here.

Hmmm..... well, I'm not sure you could say NO WAY - I mean, never say never, right?  And even though Paula and Henry both seem to be eminently practical, who's to say that a night of classical music followed by too much good wine wouldn't cause either or both of them to be less careful than usual.  Or Henry could just have the bad luck of buying a box from a bad batch of condoms!  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 11:58:58 pm »
And here is chapter 6!  a little late but that's what Fridays are for!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/322262.html

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 12:00:07 am »
Hmmm..... well, I'm not sure you could say NO WAY - I mean, never say never, right?  And even though Paula and Henry both seem to be eminently practical, who's to say that a night of classical music followed by too much good wine wouldn't cause either or both of them to be less careful than usual.  Or Henry could just have the bad luck of buying a box from a bad batch of condoms!  ;D

oh now you see you got my wheels turning again...!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 01:29:28 pm »

oh now you see you got my wheels turning again...!

Uh oh.  :laugh:

SPOILERS

It's always nice to listen in on Colson and Edna's coffee break chats.  They both love Ellery so, and I like that Colson is able to get a little "mothering" himself. 

Sticky situation with Katie Ann and Laura.  Laura is still her mother, after all, and little Stevie her brother.  And from the sounds of it, the chances of big Steve taking time off of work to care for Laura or his son are nil.  I just hope she isn't roped into staying there too long.  Helping out for a couple of days is one thing, but taking on Steve and Laura's responsibilities long-term is another!  And, somehow, I think Pam is going to enjoy being "adopted" by Jeremy and Nick and getting undivided attention from Colson and Edna.  If Katie Ann gets wind of that, I'll bet she hightails it back to Tourmaline -  "toot sweet," as Wes would say!   :laugh:  Thanks, Louise!