Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156345 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 01:48:29 pm »
Uh oh.  :laugh:

SPOILERS

It's always nice to listen in on Colson and Edna's coffee break chats.  They both love Ellery so, and I like that Colson is able to get a little "mothering" himself. 

Sticky situation with Katie Ann and Laura.  Laura is still her mother, after all, and little Stevie her brother.  And from the sounds of it, the chances of big Steve taking time off of work to care for Laura or his son are nil.  I just hope she isn't roped into staying there too long.  Helping out for a couple of days is one thing, but taking on Steve and Laura's responsibilities long-term is another!  And, somehow, I think Pam is going to enjoy being "adopted" by Jeremy and Nick and getting undivided attention from Colson and Edna.  If Katie Ann gets wind of that, I'll bet she hightails it back to Tourmaline -  "toot sweet," as Wes would say!   :laugh:  Thanks, Louise!

you might have a point!  But there's more plot to unfold here, as you might imagine...!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2009, 01:23:12 am »
Okay so it's technically Sunday, but not by much!

Chapter 7!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/322397.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 09:56:02 am »
Okay so it's technically Sunday, but not by much!

Chapter 7!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/322397.html

SPOILERS

These two are so great together.  In some ways, Nick is still young - but he's also smart as a whip and very insightful.   Not much gets past him. He'll make a great investigative report. And he could give Ellery a run for his money in the colorful language department!

So what’s the deal, you show up an hobble around the office, just ta make sure somebody else don’t piss on yer fire hydrant is that it?”

:laugh:  But Jeremy has a point that he's not your typical rookie.  He'd be very pleased to know that Ellery already pointed that out to Wes. 

Nick leaned in and chucked him under the chin. “Cause I’m the only one that listens ta every word ya say an actually gives a shit about all of it, ain’t that so? There’s a reason why I’m jealous a anybody who pays you too much attention, cause I want ta be the one doin it.”

Awwwwww.   There's his "Nicky" again. 

Hmmmm... when that happens it means they got laid, sweet thing. Don’t be so naive.”

:laugh:  Yeah, he doesn't need his "investigative reporter" skills to suss that one out!  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 06:36:50 pm »
Looks like Nicky and Jeremy are the all-time favorite secondary characters in this series, by golly!!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 12:45:27 am »

whoo wee!  I got a nap and am now back on track!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/322906.html  Chapter 8

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 01:04:18 pm »

whoo wee!  I got a nap and am now back on track!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/322906.html  Chapter 8

SPOILERS

A very energizing nap from the looks of this chapter!  Wes sure took the (hot) air out of Stevens' balloon in short order, didn't he?   :laugh:  Was that ever a lot of fun to read!  And it was so great that he made it clear that all the staff is to be respected - including Carol.  Just as there is always a Reynolds, there are always some Stevenses, too.

Next up   - "hocus pocus" expert, Dr. Henry Caulfield.  Now, that should be an interesting meeting.  ;D

And now I have to go refresh my memory about Drew.   Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 01:32:20 pm »
SPOILERS

A very energizing nap from the looks of this chapter!  Wes sure took the (hot) air out of Stevens' balloon in short order, didn't he?   :laugh:  Was that ever a lot of fun to read!  And it was so great that he made it clear that all the staff is to be respected - including Carol.  Just as there is always a Reynolds, there are always some Stevenses, too.

Next up   - "hocus pocus" expert, Dr. Henry Caulfield.  Now, that should be an interesting meeting.  ;D

And now I have to go refresh my memory about Drew.   Thanks, Louise!

oh there's going to be some hocus pocus, that's for damn sure!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 10:45:01 pm »
Meanwhile, some down home Edna goodness!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/323207.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 12:31:03 pm »
SPOILERS

Edna goodness, for sure!  That fruit salad sounds delicious.  And Ellery seems to be getting back on track, slowly but surely. 

Ol Katie Ann there, I think the real reason she skipped town back to her Momma’s is because she was settin her cap for Dupree an her sister ratted her out.”

*slaps forehead*  Of course.  Why didn't I think of that.  I wonder how receptive Katie Ann will be to Edna talking to her about it - she'll be more diplomatic than Pam, but still ... the realization that she was being so obvious and that the issue is being discussed among the rest of the family has to make her embarrassed and uncomfortable. 

Oh no! about the poor mare.  The string of bad luck with medical issues has spread to the animals now.  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 12:57:25 pm »
SPOILERS

Edna goodness, for sure!  That fruit salad sounds delicious.  And Ellery seems to be getting back on track, slowly but surely. 

Ol Katie Ann there, I think the real reason she skipped town back to her Momma’s is because she was settin her cap for Dupree an her sister ratted her out.”

*slaps forehead*  Of course.  Why didn't I think of that.  I wonder how receptive Katie Ann will be to Edna talking to her about it - she'll be more diplomatic than Pam, but still ... the realization that she was being so obvious and that the issue is being discussed among the rest of the family has to make her embarrassed and uncomfortable. 

Oh no! about the poor mare.  The string of bad luck with medical issues has spread to the animals now.  Thanks, Louise!

I knew you'd figure that there was a theme of "everybody has an accident/injury/illness simultaneously" going here first, Marie!  The fact things like this don't ever seem to happen to Edna or Wes is also part of the plot!