Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156857 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2009, 11:07:57 pm »
sorry I'm not on an every day schedule... I am getting ready to move on the weekend, getting ready to go on a business trip on Tuesday morning to St. Louis, and trying not to compromise my fitness plan, all while detoxing from potassium toxicity from a stupid blood pressure drug.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2009, 01:33:16 pm »
Oh no - detoxing from potassium toxicity doesn't sound good at all!  Gosh, don't worry about posting, Louise, just take care.  :)
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2009, 09:38:38 pm »
Oh no - detoxing from potassium toxicity doesn't sound good at all!  Gosh, don't worry about posting, Louise, just take care.  :)

the doctor says I'm fine... and I don't have to keep a low-K diet any longer (I disagree, based on my level of recovering back pain) and I'm home again home again, eating a late dinner, doing a bit o' blogging and then I'll get down to real business.

muah!

ETA:  Saturday night. Yes, I'm writing!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:18:41 pm by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2009, 01:53:31 am »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2009, 11:48:33 am »
SPOILERS

Oh, yay!  Nicky and his Sweet Thing.  Can't get enough of these two, and as with C&E, I love watching the thrust and parry of their relationship because it's clear that it all boils down to a fierce love and respect.

I'm impressed with how adroitly Nick handled Pam.  He was polite, neighborly and mindful of her predicaments - but he didn't let her ply a dinner invitation out of him!   :laugh:  Well played, Nicky! Thanks, Louise.  Hope you're doing better!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2009, 04:06:49 pm »
Oh yes, definitely doing better, I've got my old formidable energy level back, made a clean sweep of my former digs and am now trying to find a mattress and box spring that won't put me out hundreds of dollars, and then I'll be assembling the piano and getting cozy!!

So, unless I have much-too-long a nap later on today I'll be at it again with the next round of Agents of the Law!

in re Nick: he bought her off with a half dozen eggs and 25 cents worth of milk so he can ensure some well-needed privacy with his sweet thing! 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2009, 08:16:05 pm »
Okay, working NOW.  I got piano played, baking done, shopping done, and even laundry so this is last on the list!!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2009, 10:18:38 pm »
whoo hoo!

now back in the thick of the action!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/327305.html  Chapter 23

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2009, 02:55:45 pm »
SPOILERS

OMG, talk about FUBAR.  Sanchez has learned some hard lessons too late.  I don't even want to think about what Sheriff Wesley Brown is going to say - and do.  And the cycle continues .......

".. thick of the action" is a bit of an understatement!  Thanks, Louise.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2009, 12:25:07 pm »
Hee hee, yeah.  I'm catching up on things and gradually getting my new home in order, and having Labor day as a half-day off (I brought some necessary work home which I requested, since I don't get paid for holidays), and I'm going to use that work as an excuse to beg off going to the State Fair with a friend... but the next stop for me is "Forensic Investigation" and "Police Procedure" so that I don't make an utter fool of myself as the story goes on! hahahah.