Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156328 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2010, 10:45:11 pm »
working on next chapter tonight.  I'm starting to dig paid holidays!

ETA:  THERE SHE BLOWS!

Literally.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/332733.html#cutid1  Chapter 40.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:00:52 am by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2010, 01:58:24 pm »
working on next chapter tonight.  I'm starting to dig paid holidays!

ETA:  THERE SHE BLOWS!

Literally.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/332733.html#cutid1  Chapter 40.  Enjoy!

SPOILERS

Whew.  You weren't kidding about the "literally." 

“I told you I ain’t got time for the bullshit between you two. Tomorrow mornin that car goes back ta Ellery an you can learn ta ride the fuckin bus. Not another word out a either a you, neither. If yer gonna act like a six year old you shouldn’t be drivin a car anyhow.”

I have to say, even though I wasn't the one saying the words, that felt good!   :laugh:  I doubt this is a permanent punishment, but it's drastic enough that it sends a strong message, even if it is temporary.   It rings so true, despite the irony, that the girls still resort to melodrama as a way of manipulation that they learned by example from their mother, even as they get a first-hand look at how self-destructive that behavior is.   :-\  Good news for everyone that Laura isn't actually pregnant, but still a very sad and pathetic state of affairs. 

Thanks, Louise - Happy New Year and enjoy the paid holidays!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2010, 09:54:12 pm »
Life is returning to - well, livable.  And it's 9 p.m. and guess what? I haven't got anything taxing my time tonight and that means - writing time!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2010, 12:28:35 pm »
chapter 41.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/332973.html

Life is returning to what passes for the new normal, in between doses of pain medication, hand cream and sorting of bills and piles of paper.  I'm not leaving the house all day today, and I might just work on the other book too.  Enjoy.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2010, 08:45:42 am »
I'm halfway through Chapter 42!  Postin in a bit!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2010, 12:22:35 pm »
SPOILERS

Oooh, the plot thickens ..... It's great the way all these threads are tying together.  And man oh man, Wes may need some of that aspirin, too.  Esteban is in a precarious state, and Taylor made exactly the wrong joke.  :-\ 

“”K.I.S.S. and below it, 424 Pine Street, 7:15 a.m. Thursday. Share. “

Hmmmm..... very interesting!  Thanks, Louise - and great news about Chapter 42!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2010, 03:06:56 pm »
chapter 42 and ... it's a doozy!!!

bwah hahahaha.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/333233.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2010, 03:50:30 pm »
chapter 42 and ... it's a doozy!!!

bwah hahahaha.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/333233.html

SPOILERS

A doozy?  Um, slight understatement there, Louise!  Holy crap. 

“Wayne is sorta like Ellery’s Katie,” Nick said.”

:laugh: :laugh:  OMG, what a great line.  Wayne would love it!  Katie, not so much.  Yeah, technically it's not Colson's place to take the car since it was Ellery's, but I don't know, I'm feeling a lot of sympathy for Colson right now.  The girls are way out of control and he has enough on his plate without their antics. 

I'm so glad Jeremy offered to intervene - he seems like the perfect one for the job ( I hope! - this will take all his skills and then some).   Should be an interesting police report, that's for sure.   :-\  Thanks!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2010, 05:02:26 pm »
SPOILERS

A doozy?  Um, slight understatement there, Louise!  Holy crap. 

“Wayne is sorta like Ellery’s Katie,” Nick said.”

:laugh: :laugh:  OMG, what a great line.  Wayne would love it!  Katie, not so much.  Yeah, technically it's not Colson's place to take the car since it was Ellery's, but I don't know, I'm feeling a lot of sympathy for Colson right now.  The girls are way out of control and he has enough on his plate without their antics. 

I'm so glad Jeremy offered to intervene - he seems like the perfect one for the job ( I hope! - this will take all his skills and then some).   Should be an interesting police report, that's for sure.   :-\  Thanks!

Well maybe it's an insight into the relationship an author has with his characters, but I couldn't stop chuckling at the phone-grabbing-and-grabbing-back scene and Katie sticking her head out the door when Jeremy banged on it.   

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2010, 09:53:41 pm »
Okay it's Friday night, do you know where your chapter is?

Yeah, about 2 hours from being delivered. I just finished dinner.