Author Topic: How will we honor Heath's birthday?  (Read 27657 times)

retropian

Re: How will we honor Heath's birthday?
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2009, 05:41:06 am »
I know the feeling. Sometimes I do, too. But you'e not.

Thanks. Sometimes when I see a picture of him, with his soulful eyes, I still get a little choked up. Why do I grieve for someone I never knew? Perhaps I am conflating my love for the character Ennis with Heath. But then, I love Heath for his portrayal of Ennis. He truly made him alive, and now both are gone. That breaks my heart.

retropian

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2009, 05:54:35 am »
What beautiful dogs, retropian!  I envy you getting a pup from that gorgeous litter!  8)

Here's the link to John's and my visit to 421 Broome Street today:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16573.msg497030.html#msg497030

Thanks! I am very much looking forward to getting a canine buddy. I'm looking forward to all the activities: walking, hiking, Lure Coursing (Ridgebacks are raced like Greyhounds-for fun not money) and showing and napping. Ridgebacks love to sleep, preferably in bed with you.

I haven't had a dog for about 8 years after my last one passed (on my b-day no less). Did you notice the Mom's winning placard? The "Central Wyoming Kennel Club"! ;D

I wanted to spend the day doing something fun, rather than mope and it was a great day.

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2009, 06:05:27 am »
Thanks. Sometimes when I see a picture of him, with his soulful eyes, I still get a little choked up. Why do I grieve for someone I never knew? Perhaps I am conflating my love for the character Ennis with Heath. But then, I love Heath for his portrayal of Ennis. He truly made him alive, and now both are gone. That breaks my heart.

Retropian,

You're not alone.
On Heath's  birthday last year I felt extremely sad, bitterly angry. This year, although the sadness was still there  (to me  it will never go away, he left us far too soon) I was able to celebrate his life, how lucky I am that he was and keeps on being part of my life.

Talking about dogs, I love them. Let us know when you take the puppy home with you.
BbM, I swear

retropian

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2009, 06:59:37 am »
Retropian,

You're not alone.
On Heath's  birthday last year I felt extremely sad, bitterly angry. This year, although the sadness was still there  (to me  it will never go away, he left us far too soon) I was able to celebrate his life, how lucky I am that he was and keeps on being part of my life.

Talking about dogs, I love them. Let us know when you take the puppy home with you.

Thanks sel, you're sweet. When I get a puppy I'll be sure to post pictures.
Ian

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2010, 05:23:10 am »
Going upstairs now, changing my navy socks to a pair of striped ones......

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2010, 05:42:29 am »
It's almost noon here and it's a beautiful, sunny spring day. Almost all the snow is gone, I can hear the birds sing and see spring flowers starting to pop up. It´s a rebirth of life.

I'm gonna put my red sunglasses on and go for a leisurely stroll.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2010, 07:21:34 am »
For Heath's Birthday, I will wear my striped sweater. 

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2010, 11:34:48 am »

It's almost noon here and it's a beautiful, sunny spring day. Almost all the snow is gone, I can hear the birds sing and see spring flowers starting to pop up. It´s a rebirth of life.

Yup!!

It's Spring, it's a very early Easter, and it's Heath's Birthday!

1     Greenwich Avenue and 7th Avenue (just a block away from 'Bone Lick Park'....)

2     Greenwich Avenue and 7th Avenue

3     Avenue 'A' and 10th

4     Avenue 'A' and 9th, Tompkins Square Park

Happy Easter, Heath!

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 12:20:23 pm »
Thanks for the photos, John.  It feels strange not celebrating Heath's birthday with you this year.  We'll do a belated celebration somewhere Heathy, okay?  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2010, 04:15:35 pm »
I transplanted spring flowering bulbs in my Ennis's back yard. His new trees are full of buds and the air is full of the sweet smell of grass. The wind is blowing and the bushes are tossing their manes, and the dark earth is steaming with fecundity. I was reassured of life's continuation. No need for all the heifers to calve at once.
"chewing gum and duct tape"