Author Topic: Writings by Belgianboy  (Read 9482 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Writings by Belgianboy
« on: August 10, 2006, 01:54:09 am »
Hello all:

This thread is to highlight an awsome writer over at LiveJournal, name a Belgianboy.  He writes all the stuff that was left out of the movie, that we wish would be in the Special Edition DVD!    ;) :P  :laugh:

These are the Real Deal, folks, about our beloved Jack and Ennis, about the time they truly were together!!

This Link leads to his stories about our boys' summer up on Brokeback,  "Growing Up," "First Night," "Second Night," "Ennis Delivers," "Good Taste," "Doubletime" and "Initiation":

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/1318.html

then we have more, the Reunion, in 12 parts!

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/3052.html

That's about it unfotunately, although there are just a couple of one-parters, here are the links:

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/956.html

http://belgianboy.livejournal.com/634.html

Enjoy!   :D ;D
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Writings by Belgianboy
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 06:45:08 pm »
 HOT DAMN!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 12:23:49 am by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 11:27:41 pm »
I intend to read every single one of these!! Luckily I have sunday off, because I don't know when else I'd find the time... is there a full time job for fan fic readers by any chance???  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 12:41:50 am »
This Link leads to his stories about our boys' summer up on Brokeback,  "Growing Up," "First Night," "Second Night," "Ennis Delivers," "Good Taste," "Doubletime" and "Initiation":

He posted these in one single Story, Summer of Love, over on fanfic.net.
I read them yesterday.
I love his work too!
I printed out the "Reunion"..all 12 chapters, so I'll check that out too!  :)

General question:
Do y'all make it a point to leave comments for authors whose work you enjoy?
I started doing that - all the positive feedback/ encouraging words are such a catalyst for the creative energy and it only pushes them to write more..and LUCKY 4 US!  ;D

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 12:43:45 am »
He posted these in one single Story, Summer of Love, over on fanfic.net.
I read them yesterday.
I love his work too!
I printed out the "Reunion"..all 12 chapters, so I'll check that out too!  :)

General question:
Do y'all make it a point to leave comments for authors whose work you enjoy?
I started doing that - all the positive feedback/ encouraging words are such a catalyst for the creative energy and it only pushes them to write more..and LUCKY 4 US!  ;D

At first I didn't, but that was because I was reading fics that were finished already, or mostly finished.  But now I always do, even if it's something that was posted awhile ago, I think it's really important!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 01:13:40 am »
2) Hot damn!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline belgianboy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Jakin' off ever' chance I get ...
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 01:34:13 am »
I posted something similar to this on the Dreaming by Cathalin thread earlier today, where some readers had mentioned my stories. But it seems worthwhile to post something here too. Certainly of interest for those of you using Fanfiction.net.

I'm jumping in a bit late here, but I found out about this forum only yesterday. Very friendly and literate--I love it already!

In terms of writing BBM fiction, obviously I might have some advantages because I'm a guy. You know, at least in describing how certain things feel when done to certain parts of the male anatomy. I do try to take advantage of that. I've internalized both Jack and Ennis and sometimes feel I'm writing an autobiography, not only physically as a man (a lot of fun, thank you), but psychologically too (maybe even more fun). I usually prefer to put character before plot, but sometimes that doesn't happen.

Let me say, however, that I'm real impressed by many of the stories--and yes, sex scenes--that are written by women. Some just know how to write hot--they've got a sense of tactile and sensory detail that just makes it all so real. Some get inside the male characters' heads better than others, and frankly some stories may not even require that they do. Maybe some of the action isn't drawn out or very exciting, no hot semen hitting the wall and all that, yet the erotica is touching and lovely. Obviously there are endless possibilities as to how writers continue the story and present their ideas, and I have a growing list of stories I hope to read if RL and those two darned boys' comminglings ever leave me alone! Not to mention some RPS that's been brewing, but that's another story ... literally, I guess.

It's great that a number of readers like how I handle Jack and Ennis' relationship, especially since I'm usually a canon writer (I don't know if that's obvious or not), and that turns a lot of people off. For me, the beauty of the story is in their ultimate separation and Ennis' bereavement. Don't ask, but if you read my fiction, you know that pain leads to pleasure. Always.

Concerning Fanfiction.net vs. LiveJournal: FF's no NC-17 policy threw me off at first, and I thought WTF? But I tried editing to see what would happen. First, a confession: I also write as "rvanv", my persona (presently inactive) who writes stories about Jack's death or later, while "belgianboy" writes the boys while they are very much alive indeed! I suppose it's telling that belgianboy has the reputation here, huh?  I edited an rvanv story called Smile (my first series) for FF. I think the plot and personalities are reasonably well developed, the sex not too bad for a first-timer like myself. Anyway, in the FF version, you cannot always tell who is doing what to whom during sex. It's not necessarily vanilla, but In the original LiveJournal version, nothing is left to the imagination. :o If you don't like NC-17 (or shouldn't be reading it!), then by all means stick with the FF version. I did post there because I think they have a lot of readers who maybe don't get into the LJ scene so much.

I wanted to post Summer of Love on FF, but how do you edit a series about two horny nineteen-year-olds discovering sex, what with all that jizz flying around here, there and everywhere? ??? I gave it a go anyway, and to my surprise came up with something reasonably sexy, I think. So much is about the psychology, and I was surprised at how much I didn't have to change. But if you want it down and dirty, go to LiveJournal. Right now, the story is posted there in seven chapters, but I'm going to combine them this weekend for more convenient reading. Ditto for the Reunion series that I just finished.

Veteran readers, thanks so much for your comments. I'm tickled that some new readers from this fine forum may be wandering over! ;D

And yes--we writers love the comments :D, even if only brief. I always leave them for fiction I like. Like most BBM authors, I feel compelled to write. But early on, I kept going just because I knew at least one person was reading ... and waiting for the next chapter! In fact, a couple of readers are responsible for particular pieces. Can you imagine that someone actually had to suggest I do a story with Ennis bottoming? Yes, sad but true, although I might have gotten to it on my own! :)

Belgianboy

P.S. Sorry this is so long, but at least I threw in the words "semen" and "jizz"....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 01:36:34 am by belgianboy »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 01:48:50 am »
Well well, I'll just have to go and re-read the "Summer of Love, The Unrated Version" from LJ!  :D

And Hot Damn is right Julie!  ;D

Welcome to BT Belgian Boy!  We are thrilled to have ya here!!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 12:13:33 am »
I am reading the last chapter of the Reunion, and I mus say that I have loved it so much to this point.
Amazing writing Belgianboy!

Love it.  :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 02:00:30 am »
Oh, and another question for the author..:)

Do you have a different version for the Reunion on Fanfic.net versus the one on LJ?
I am always looking for the unrated version.. :P  I got it off Fanfic.net.