Author Topic: Pan-Am Games in Toronto in 2015  (Read 6386 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Pan-Am Games in Toronto in 2015
« on: November 06, 2009, 06:29:40 pm »
After twice failing to get the Olympics to come to the most cosmopolitain city of Toronto (last time Atlanta surprizingly beat us out) the Pan-Am Games will come to Toronto. They have twice been hosted by Winnipeg, a much smaller Canadian city.

Now, less than a month after earning the trust of the World Gay communities by being awarded the 2014 World Pride, Toronto has just this past hour been named to host the 2015 Pan-Am Games - And that's a good thing.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/amateur/story/2009/11/06/sp-pan-am-bid.html
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
Re: Pan-Am Games in Toronto in 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:45:57 pm »
http://www.thestar.com/sports/panamgames/article/722389--toronto-wins-2015-pan-am-games

The victory seems all the more sweet since the city and region have lost two Olympic bids, two Commonwealth Games bids in Hamilton and couldn't even get a bid for the world expo off the ground.

Winning the games helps Toronto shed its "loser mentality," but the games give governments a firm deadline to complete promised projects including transit improvements like the rail link to the Pearson airport.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Pan-Am Games in Toronto in 2015
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 08:42:06 pm »
Congratulations, Canada!  There are many reasons to be proud of your nation, Roland. I'm glad I got to meet you in person, on your own turf, so to speak. Maybe when you are considering a vacation, you'll keep Boston in mind?

If love to visit Toronto. I have heard many wonderful things. And I alreqdy know I love Vancouver, Calgary, and Montreal (and the natural areas surrounding them).
"Laß sein. Laß sein."