Author Topic: BetterMost Projects - 6/5  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
BetterMost Projects - 6/5
« on: June 03, 2006, 05:38:45 pm »
1) We're taking the wraps off on our promotional campaigns.  If you haven't already, please spread the word about BetterMost so we can break the 500 user threshold.  I'd like to see us do that by July 1st.  If you participate on other forums or on things like myspace and the equivalent, tell your friends about us, but do it in a way that is always respectful of the site you are on (I maintain good relations with all of the other forums and don't want us to appear nasty and competitive).

2) The Google spider has started indexing some of our threads here, including CT.  This means some posts will be visible via search engines.  I am considering taking the read block off of CT (right now you have to be registered to see this forum), considering our troll problem has dropped to nothing and the messages will likely be indexed by search engines anyway.  Users will always have to register to post here though.

3) I am starting to lay the groundwork to consolidate additional forums around here.  I have learned that people like to post messages on forums with lots of people in them because you get the cool payoff of others replying to you.  Therefore, fewer forums but with more people, and that is what we're all about anyway.  I will provide considerable advance notice of proposed mergers of forums and leave plenty of time for user input.  My philosophy is to not ignore success, which means I want to consolidate forums towards the ones that are already the most popular.

You'll see and example of the consolidation discussions in places like our current Open Forum.  Check that out, and feel free to share your thoughts.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 11:44:37 am by cHrIs_sLaYeRs »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming