Author Topic: short, pre-movie fics by nakymaton  (Read 2142 times)

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
short, pre-movie fics by nakymaton
« on: August 23, 2006, 12:38:16 am »
These fics no longer exist.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 05:15:51 pm by nakymaton »
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: short, pre-movie fics by nakymaton
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 01:50:22 pm »
nakymaton, I lost the thread when I started posting--althiough I now see your "Driving to Wyoming.," So if you find a half-finished response on the firsrt story don't be surprised!~ So; I read your note here before reading your "snow" story, and was expecting all sorts of outlandish inconsistancies, but found instread a refreshing andf original story, very entertainbing. Thanks!

I've had to disguard three storiies because I thought I didn't get Ennis right--and I'd already seen the movie 27 times! On the other hand, my most popuolar story ("Be Nice. Wouldn't It?--over 650 hits) is an Ennis story--but no Jack!~ I didn't find your Ennis to be strange; I guess the less he says, if you're in doubt, the better.

Anyway, back to "Driving to Wyoming." Oh yeah, my second most popular story, "Just Bones," is an E/J story--real short. Sometimes I get inspired to do Ennis, but for the most part--forget it!~

My friend Sid explained the fight on leaving day to me last Sundsay. Until the fight, Jack assumes they are NOT going to part company after Brokeback (without really figuring out how), which explains his relative good cheer when he tells Ennis "Aguirre says, 'bring 'em down.'" But Ennis's terrible mood, culminating in the sock-to-the head, makes him realizae that Ennis is upset, because he feels: this is the end. Dunno. What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 02:15:04 pm by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters