Author Topic: Four (now FOURTEEN!) Effin' Years! How will you celebrate?  (Read 183783 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Four (now Seven) Effin' Years! How will you celebrate?
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2012, 03:33:52 pm »
Congratulations on your anniversary, Paul!

I just read this whole thread, and am feeling very grateful for all of you.   :-*

Today is my seventh anniversary.  I clearly recall seeing the 4pm matinee on a nasty, rainy cold Friday.  So glad I always carry a handkerchief.  I remember talking my best friend's ear off that night, then dragging her to see it with me the next day.  Then buying the short story, the soundtrack (I used to dislike country music), the screenplay.  I discovered the IMDb message board in January and CaseyCornelius' brilliant threads, and I was hooked.  I even printed out some of them early threads at the time.  Then joining BetterMost in April 2006.

Even though I dragged most of my friends to see it with me, I didn't encounter another Brokie until I hosted the Boston party in September 2006. When I look at the group photo, I'm amazed that I am still in touch with 18 out of 20 people who attended.  Since then, I have had the good fortune to meet many more wonderful friends. I even met Jake on the 7th anniversary last weekend!

Aww. Yes, I remember that unquenchable urge to talk about our movie. And to see it again and again ... And the night-sessions we pulled, on the boards, in chat or watching the movie alone on DVD. Getting up on 5AM on a Sunday to chat with friends overseas. Crazy, but warm and happy times.

Because, even though I have spent an obscene amount on BBM-related stuff, it's the people that matter the most.

Yes, it's the people that matter. The connections we made, the friendships we formed. I too am very thankful for the people I've met through this, and for the experiences I've made.
And every cent I've spent on my Brokie-trips is money well spent! :) There's nothing like meeting with fellow Brokies, who have long become friends, and a part of my life.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2012, 07:06:21 pm »
Happy 7th Brokieversary, Paul!!

So glad you're here, and to call you my friend.   :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2012, 07:09:25 pm »
Yes, it's the people that matter. The connections we made, the friendships we formed. I too am very thankful for the people I've met through this, and for the experiences I've made.
And every cent I've spent on my Brokie-trips is money well spent! :) There's nothing like meeting with fellow Brokies, who have long become friends, and a part of my life.

Couldn't agree more, Chrissi!

Offline mouk

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2012, 12:24:45 am »
Happy anniversary Paul ! And you got to talk to Jake, what a way to celebrate - did you tell him?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2013, 12:27:20 pm »
Today is my anniversary of seeing Brokeback Mountain
for the first time.
Seven years and counting....
 :D

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2013, 02:06:04 pm »
 :-*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2013, 02:57:42 pm »
Happy 7th, Chrissi!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2013, 06:12:01 pm »
Happy 7th Brokieversary, Chrissi!

Offline mouk

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2013, 06:27:33 pm »
Happy anniversary Chrissi, and to many more to come!!!  :-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Four (now EIGHT) Effin' Years! How will you celebrate?
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2013, 01:57:42 pm »
I received two tickets to the movie plus dinner at Boulder's Dushanbee Teahouse from my daughter for Christmas in 2005. She was excited about seeing it because of all the publicity about it being a "crossover" film for mainstream audiences. I only agreed to go with her because of it being her Christmas present...originally I was opposed to them making a movie of my beloved New Yorker story, especially starring those two teen heartthrobs Jake and Heath. I had only seen Jake in Bubble Boy and October Sky and I had just seen Heath in Lords of Dogtown.

"chewing gum and duct tape"