Author Topic: Four (now FOURTEEN!) Effin' Years! How will you celebrate?  (Read 183720 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Four (now TEN!) Effin' Years! How will you celebrate?
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2015, 07:48:22 pm »
And BetterMost too; it has become a part of my daily life and I can't imagine living without it.

Oh yeah, I'm here every day to catch up!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2015, 01:01:26 am »
But...I have to say, wasn't it, instead of "Damn, four years" "Four years, damn"?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2015, 08:32:27 am »
But...I have to say, wasn't it, instead of "Damn, four years" "Four years, damn"?

Yes, of course.  We went through this last year.  I forgot to change the banner.  Consider it fixed.

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #203 on: December 15, 2015, 09:53:03 am »
I have always thought that I saw the film in January but I was wrong. I saw it in February 2006, probably somewhere in the middle of the month. I remember that I was fed up with kids and a husband that worked a lot. It was cold and I wanted to do....just something  ??? I had read about the film in the paper, I had seen films with Heath and Jake and I had read books by Annie so I thought that this something could be "Brokeback"... and gosh, it was "something". I remember getting out on the street after the film and I wondered what hit me. I saw it 3 days in a row and the third my husband followed me. He liked it a lot but that's all.

I've made a similar comment over the years, but I didn't originate it, Jimmy (gnash) did.  That the experience went from being about "brokeback - the movie" to being about "brokeback - the people".

I'm so glad that because of this movie, my world view has expanded, my knowledge about other countries increased, and that my path crossed with the paths of so many others.

A blessing beyond belief.

As Chuck says, it has changed from the movie to the people. My world has expanded, I travel more, I met lovely, lovely people all around the world. I've seen a lot, I'm a more humble person. I don't think I'll ever go to any gatherings again but I'll keep on traveling, keep in touch with good friends. So Thank You Brokeback for this adventure. Thank you for learning, for meeting, for understanding. I owe it to a brilliant film.  :-*
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #204 on: December 15, 2015, 10:02:50 am »
Well said, Berit! I'm glad for the new friends and the travel, too. That's a rare and wonderful thing, to expand your world, especially as we get older. Hugging the movie and all of you today!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2015, 11:21:11 am »
Well said, Berit! I'm glad for the new friends and the travel, too. That's a rare and wonderful thing, to expand your world, especially as we get older. Hugging the movie and all of you today!  :-*

Thank you Meryl  :-*

Somewhere in the middle of February I'll have a whiskey (sour maybe!) and have a "skål" for this experience.  :laugh: Maybe we at BM could meet in the chat room for a toast (spelling??) one of these days??
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2015, 01:45:55 pm »
Thank you Meryl  :-*

Somewhere in the middle of February I'll have a whiskey (sour maybe!) and have a "skål" for this experience.  :laugh: Maybe we at BM could meet in the chat room for a toast (spelling??) one of these days??

Cheers, Berit! 

Unfortunately, the chat room has been nonfunctional for a few years.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2015, 03:45:13 pm »
that's too bad, I thought it was a sweet idea.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2015, 03:47:53 pm »
that's too bad, I thought it was a sweet idea.

Is it.  One thought:  we could do a facebook chat.  Seems you can add several people.  Not sure if there's a limit.
Of course, not everyone here is on fb. 

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2015, 03:49:05 pm »
Is it.  One thought:  we could do a facebook chat.  Seems you can add several people.  Not sure if there's a limit.
Of course, not everyone here is on fb. 

Oh, that's a good idea.   that never even crossed my mind.