Author Topic: Tell us your most embarrassing moment.....  (Read 19828 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Tell us your most embarrassing moment.....
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 08:22:54 pm »
This didnt happen to me, but it happened to a lady in town, and to make matters worse for her, it even made the local newspaper.....

She and her husband towed their boat into the petrol (gas) station.....he went to get something and told his wife to fill the boat up with petrol........

(For those who are not familiar with boats.....a lot of them, have structured holes around the top of the hull so fishermen can put their fishing rods in, while they are out fishing)...........they are called "rod holders"

anyway......she proceeded to "fill the boat up with petrol" but she was unaware that instead of putting the nozzle from the bowser in the petrol tank of the boat, she actually had put it in the "rod holder".......and so filled up the hull of the boat, with $120 worth of petrol.......

Because of the risk, the boat had to be transported to a slipway, lifted up by a crane, and the boat placed on an angle to drain all the petrol out of the boat....with the fire brigade in attendance.

A very expensive and embarrassing time for this poor lady, and then the added bonus of having it splashed accross the local newspaper......

Guess, a lot of men were saying "dont send a woman, to do a mans job"......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline insane-romantic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My Myspace
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 11:51:28 am »
I can't really remember that many, but the other day in a self defence class at school, I had to do a front flip and my top literally fell down, revealing all in front of my class, (consisting mostly of weird pervy guys) - not good, but I guess that's not that embarrassing compared to other people's experiences!
I saw you were sick and tired of my wrong turns.
If you only knew the way I feel,
I'd really love to tell you,
But I could never seem to say
The things I needed to.
On a day like today
No other words would do.

Keane: On A Day Like Today

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 12:41:40 pm »
Hell, I've got a quite a few. Here's one that springs to mind.

I'd just started a new job reporting to the Customer Services Manager in a finance firm.

She asked me to draft a memo on her behalf, with her name and title at the bottom (Cust Service Manager) and then let her review it before sending it out.

So, did all I was asked, left the memo on her desk.

Later that day she stands up and calls me over, hands me back the memo and says "Karen, I sincerely hope that isn't what you think my title is." Perplexed I looked at the memo and (no word of a lie) I had mistyped the 's' as an 'n' making her a Cu*t Service Manager. Nice!

How red was I???

Karen

Scott6373

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 12:43:34 pm »
When the bouncer from the club knocked on my car window, and scared the crap out of Beau, who was having a grand old time on me.  I think that qualifies.

PS  I was very young

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 01:03:58 pm »
I can't really remember that many, but the other day in a self defence class at school, I had to do a front flip and my top literally fell down, revealing all in front of my class, (consisting mostly of weird pervy guys) - not good, but I guess that's not that embarrassing compared to other people's experiences!
Just consider it as an audition for the part of Lureen in the Performance Thread, Emma!! (I had to read this, being the Front-Ranger and all)

And Scott, not near as embarassing for you as for Beau, what with him being on top, and the crap and all...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Katie77

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 09:00:03 pm »
When the bouncer from the club knocked on my car window, and scared the crap out of Beau, who was having a grand old time on me.  I think that qualifies.

PS  I was very young

This brought to mind a time when me and my hubby went "parking" when we were courting......we had picked an area of bushland, not far off the main road.....right in the middle of some heavy petting, we heard a vechicle approaching....it was the local bush fire brigade truck......

(I knew things were getting "hot", but I didnt realize it had got that hot)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 09:28:16 pm »
this is one of those really cringy ones:

I was a sort of a musical prodigy on the accordion as a young child, but I was something of a perfectionist.  One time when I was 11 I was performing for hundreds of people (as per usual,)  and I struck a wrong note (which I almost never did, not on stage anyway) - and stopped dead.  And everyone in the audience stared, not knowing what had gone wrong.  The guy running the show had to come on the stage and beg me to continue and tell me it was okay to go on.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 04:53:05 am »
  OMG!   Not even funny!    Had that happen before!   Dancing around at a bar with a  tube top on  .So into the music ( great band!)  didn't notice my tube top had fallen down to my waist.   It was only for a few second s and got alot of cheers but oh how embarrassing!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 05:00:03 am by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 02:37:27 pm »
Oh, let's see......

there was the time that I walked into a phone pole.

getting up to sing at karaoke, and have my voice crack.

One time, when I was camping with my friends, I was walking with a tray of junk food to the picnic table, and the laces of my left boot got hooked on the eye-hooks of my right boot and I tripped and belly flopped into the dirt with my face landing in all the food on the tray.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 06:50:53 pm »
I went to town the other day, and wondered why I was so uncomfortable walking....

When I looked down at my sandals, I realized I had shoved my foot in two different, but similar ones.....and one had a heel a bit higher than the other one.

It wasn't so much embarrassing.....just a stupid moment.