Author Topic: Writings by royandronnie  (Read 49756 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Writings by royandronnie
« on: September 01, 2006, 08:58:52 pm »

Here are four links to another fantastic author, and his/her stories. These stories are less than two months old, and I don't think this author has had enough exposure, there are hardly any comments, but the writing and stories are superb IMO.   :-* :-*  (All but one of them are long, as the chapters are very long).

"Never Enough Sleep"   Part 1, 2 and 3.  Complete. 

This story is about Jack and Ennis' time together on the 10th anniversary of SNIT.   Camping, of course.
(what else?   ;D)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trailhead  A one-part story.  Complete.  very short.

"Cycle Of Broken Dreams"    Part 1, 2, 3 & 4.   Complete.

"The Time Between"     Part 1, 2, 3 & 4.  Complete.

This story weaves it's way in and out of the real BBM story, fleshing out the story if-you-will.  It starts at the end of the Summer 1963, and finishes with Jack's visit to Lightning Flat after the Scene by the Lake.

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: Writings by royandronnie
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 01:26:34 am »
Oh my God.  I had happened on the RoyandRonnie page by chance.  I haven't read every story there, but I did read "Never Enough Sleep" and "Ashes to Ashes" last night.  Had to see if there was a thread on it here. . .

There are so many fanfics out there that are not worth hitting a dog in the ass with. Just garbage.  And people rave over them anyway!  (I'm like, what are these readers on??)

But this stuff!  So well done.  Up there with "If I Asked" and with ComeAwayEasy's stuff.  Which is saying a lot.  I don't know why it hasn't garnered more attention, but I imagine it should and will rise to the top like the proverbial cream. . .

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 11:28:10 am »

But this stuff!  So well done.  Up there with "If I Asked" and with ComeAwayEasy's stuff.  Which is saying a lot.  I don't know why it hasn't garnered more attention, but I imagine it should and will rise to the top like the proverbial cream. . .

Hi Laura,

So glad you found royandronnie's stories.  I agee, they are excellent!  She is at the top of my list now, I sure hope she (or he) gives us more!  I always get tongue-tied when I try to leave comments at the end of stories, but I can't praise these stories enough!  :D

Jane

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Three Little Words, by royandronnie
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:48:11 pm »
well good fur us,  royandronnie just posted another story, and it's right up there with the rest of the royandronnie stories..  ;D ;D

http://royandronnie.livejournal.com/tag/three+little+words

Offline dontinterrupt

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 10:55:37 am »
Agreed, royandronnie is definitely among the best bbm ff out there, certainly in my top 10... What I love about royandronnie's stories is it is just the right level of poignancy, not too much, not overly tragic or resentful, just...right. There's spice too, sure enough,  but it's the moments like "I am home' that grabbed me.
But my favourite one's gotta be "the time in between" especially "freefall 2".

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 01:00:45 pm »
Agreed, royandronnie is definitely among the best bbm ff out there, certainly in my top 10... What I love about royandronnie's stories is it is just the right level of poignancy, not too much, not overly tragic or resentful, just...right. There's spice too, sure enough,  but it's the moments like "I am home' that grabbed me.
But my favourite one's gotta be "the time in between" especially "freefall 2".

Just one week before your post, some of us met Royandronnie (Charlotte) in Tucson.

I'm sure she'd have been happy to know she still has readers who love her stories!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline dontinterrupt

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 07:08:42 pm »
No kidding! That is so cool, wish I lived in America, would love to have met some fellow brokies...

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 02:32:34 pm »
If you, unlike Ennis, don't mind travelling, there may be more chances.

Three of us attending the brokie meet in Tuscon are from Sweden.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre