Author Topic: vln_bbmfan - TITLE: IF ANYONE CAN SHOW JUST CAUSE, SPEAK NOW  (Read 3543 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
vln_bbmfan - TITLE: IF ANYONE CAN SHOW JUST CAUSE, SPEAK NOW
« on: September 04, 2006, 06:52:22 pm »
http://vln-bbmfan.livejournal.com/10528.html#cutid1

Here is another recommendation:  this one is a good one, it is Jack and Ennis AU, and Jack shows up and stops Ennis' wedding to Alma at the last minute, in the church!

9 parts so far.  it was started on June 10th.  Here is one teeny tiny exerpt from a different scene, not from the church scene:

"Ferget what ya think ya know an' what ya think ya can't have, do ya *want* me, Ennis?"

"More'n anythin'," Ennis said without hesitation, but his voice trembled just the same.

Here is a link to Chapter 9, it has links to all the previous chapters, as usual lj is stupid, and this is the best / easiest way to find the story....

enjoy!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 06:56:30 pm by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline chrissyc

• Don't Say Much
Re: vln_bbmfan - TITLE: IF ANYONE CAN SHOW JUST CAUSE, SPEAK NOW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:13:52 pm »
i will agree it is a great story..

I have read from the beginning.

C

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 04:36:05 am »
i will agree it is a great story..

I have read from the beginning.

C
Me too.

I LOVE it!

Poor Jack...what will he do now??

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 08:49:30 am »
This is one of the few fanfics with anything about Ennis' parents, and the first I've seen with Earl and Rich. The last chapter was both funny and shocking, definitely a page-turner.

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 12:33:14 pm »
This is one of the few fanfics with anything about Ennis' parents, and the first I've seen with Earl and Rich. The last chapter was both funny and shocking, definitely a page-turner.
Helen - 1_of_one on LJ (she has her own thread here with the link to 'Ghosts') has done a wonderful story about Earl and Rich in her series 'Ghosts'. I loved it. Love all that she has written.
And I read a really good one-shot on LJ the other day about why Ennis's parents might have run off that road. It's called Dead Horse Road by jtsbar. I thought is was pretty intense. Very sad too.

Maybe I shouldn't have brought this up here on Vicky's thread?? I thought maybe I could, since Ennis's parents and Earl and Rich were mentioned?

:)

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 11:38:27 am »
And I read a really good one-shot on LJ the other day about why Ennis's parents might have run off that road. It's called Dead Horse Road by jtsbar. I thought is was pretty intense. Very sad too.

Dead Horse Road was one of the first fanfics I read.  Another area that doesn't get mentioned much; IMO it caught the tension in a household with a violently abusive family member very vividly.