Author Topic: Seen on TV once..  (Read 1883 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Seen on TV once..
« on: September 04, 2006, 08:18:05 pm »
For quite a while now, I have these few TV-films in my head, that I think about every now and again. They are films I have seen once on television close to 20 years ago and never managed to catch on TV again. For some a VHS exists, but I haven't come around buying them yet.

They are:

"Mystère Alexina" (1985) - 19th century, a man raised as a girl/woman doesn't know he's a man until..
"Welcome Home Bobby" (1986) - drug addict teenager 'managing' his family and friends.
"A Long Way Home" (1981) - for some reason I was already then fascinated by Paul Regina. I loved his minimalist-acting in "It's My Party". It's a pitty we don't see more of him on screen.
"Maria.." (1979?) - here I'm not even sure about the title. It's French (or French-Canadian). It's about this shy little boy who befriends his elderly singing teacher. They discover his beautiful angelic singing voices! Eery! I really just remeber the fact, that the boy sings a wonderful song that's called "Maria". I still have the tune in my head, but I can't remember the film's title.

Do you have such movies which you remember from TV way back when and which possibly no-one you know has seen or hear about?

Update: I'm shocked!! I have just found out on IMdB that Paul Regina died at the beginning of this year!! Wow! That's so sad!! A week exactly after Chris Penn's death. Everybody heard of his death, but nothing on Paul Regina. Gosh..

Paul reminded me a lot of another very under-rated (deceased too) actor Ron Vawter ("Sex, Lies and Videotape", "Philadelphia", "Swoon"..).  Both died far too young and of horrible diseases! So sad..  :'(

j. U. d. E.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:53:45 pm by j. U. d. E. »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

injest

Re: Seen on TV once..
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 09:02:13 pm »
well not a movie but a series...with all the cable channels you would think they would bring back "Fury"

lord did that show provide fodder for a little girls dreams!!