Author Topic: Annie Proulx lecture at Davidson College in North Carolina.  (Read 3125 times)

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
Annie Proulx lecture at Davidson College in North Carolina.
« on: September 08, 2006, 04:36:38 am »
  Anyone in NC with nothing to do on Sept. 14th might want to take a drive to the Davidson College to hear a lecture by Annie Proulx.  It is a free event, but tickets are required.  It is a large auditorium, but it may "sell out" anyway.  You might wannna call first.  However, it will be simulcast in neighboring public areas.  I understand that there may be a book signing following.

Event: Conarroe Lecture - Annie Proulx
Date:   9/14/2006
Time:   8PM

http://www2.davidson.edu/news/calendar/Calendar.asp?page=read_event&EventID=1093&calMonth=9&calYear=2006

http://www2.davidson.edu/news/cevnts/facil_dfph.asp

There is a screening of BBM the night before, but I think it may be open to students only.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 04:40:26 am by adrian.delmar »
There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Annie Proulx lecture at Davidson College in North Carolina.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 11:44:11 am »
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I am about an hour away, I am so thankful you posted this and I saw it! This has made my day! Will get pictures!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 01:58:33 pm »
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I am about an hour away, I am so thankful you posted this and I saw it! This has made my day! Will get pictures!

'Shakes' , the good thing about this lecture is that it is ONLY Ms. Proulx, whereas the one in Casper is with four other writers.   And being that BBM will be shown the night before, maybe this lecture will include Brokeback Mountain.

Really glad you'll get to go.
-Adrian
There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 08:43:20 pm »
It sounds like it would be good to call first to be sure about tickets.  NotBastet posted the following over at Jess's Feed Store:

Just a head's up... I tried to call about tickets today... the ticket office was closed, but the Student Union girl said she thought tickets were sold out... They are showing a taping (simulcast, whaever you call it) of it in another room in the Student Union... On the Davidson website it says the ticket office is open 10am=4pm M-F, and that you have to pick up tickets in person...

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 03:09:37 pm »
That is what I am going to have to do, they told me I would have to gone to one of the two satillite locations but can still get to meet her at the reception afterward. I hope I get to ask her a question or say something intellegent to her.

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 04:37:41 pm »
That is what I am going to have to do, they told me I would have to gone to one of the two satillite locations but can still get to meet her at the reception afterward. I hope I get to ask her a question or say something intellegent to her.
Don't forget to get her to autograph your copy of BBM.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 01:22:01 pm »
That an Postcards, it had belonged to me sister.