Author Topic: Adios...I'm outta here..  (Read 13715 times)

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Adios...I'm outta here..
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 05:07:01 pm »
Agreed Again to what Jenny said!

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 05:17:45 pm »
I whole-heartedly agree, Jenny. If we can deal with those nasty trolls, then dealing with eachother is simple! Our members can agree to disagree. It's sad to see Surf go, I hope he doesn't dissappear, and stays in touch at least! I've never found his posts hurtful or anything, usually just interesting. We all have different voices here and they deserve to be heard. XOX

Offline montferrat

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "hunh?!"
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 05:21:50 pm »
Just wanted to say, I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I regret I didn't act privately.

I also wanted to add that I have no problem whatsoever with differences of opinion, just with the way they are expressed.

Paul

« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 05:24:41 pm by montferrat »
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 05:22:08 pm »
This makes me very sad.  I've come here as a refugee not just from the original Chez Tremblay and the BBM Board at IMDb before that, but from an online community I've posted to religiously for the last eight years and met and spent face time with several members thereof.  I ultimately stopped posting there because several of them were emailing or PMing me and telling me I was taking "things that don't matter" too seriously.  "Things that don't matter" being the results of the 2004 election, the mishandling of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and most recently what happened on Black Sunday, otherwise known as March 5, 2006.  I felt so utterly misunderstood and conditionally cared about.  I still do and still feel kind of betrayed by those people I thought were my friends - several of whom have visited and stayed in my home.  I really thought I was going out of my way to be respectful of their opinions about these matters when we posted publicly about them - they thought I was not.  I'll still never know if I really was at fault - I re-read my more combative posts and honestly couldn't find any venom in them.  I just ultimately decided it wasn't the place for me - for whatever reasons, I just could not get along with these people without feeling like I was repressing the very essence of myself.

I don't know what posts Surfie's referring to - I must have missed them somehow.  But I'm sorry he's leaving.  I do totally understand it in relation to my own experience ('cause, hey, it *is* all about me, after all  ;)) but I'll miss his opinions, most of which I enthusiastically agreed with even though I didn't always say so, and the way he often made me laugh out loud with his ascerbic (and I mean that in the most affectionate way possible) wit.

For what it's worth, I love all of you.  There's not a one of you here that's pissed me off yet.  And that's saying a lot!   ;D  I don't always agree with the opinions expressed, but I find them all thought-provoking and delivered for the most part with a great deal of respect and consideration.  Some of them have even managed to make me change my mind, which is *really* saying a lot.  And maybe some of you have relatively normal families, but mine could win an award (maybe not from the Academy) for dysfunctionality.  If you were like my biological family, some of us would be refusing to talk to some of the others and then using me as buffer/go-between.

I'm here to tell you that there are some things that are thicker than blood and stronger than DNA.  Have I mentioned that I love you all?

Sorry, again, to see you go, Surf.  I understand, but I'm sad, too.
No more beans!

rtprod

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 05:22:50 pm »
Agree completely with everyone.

Hearing different voices is great.  We've all learned so much here over the months discovering others' interpretations.  

Let's hear and discover them in a "friendly" tone from now on -- can we agree on that?  :)

rt
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 12:48:18 am by rtprod »

Offline houstonangel88

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 05:24:24 pm »
 :-\  Well, I don't know what to say... I agree whole heartily with Rtprod, Jenny and everyone here.  However,  if we can deal with trolls, we should be able to deal with each other.   I hate to see surf go, I have been following his posts since the Aero days.   Hope he may change his mind later.   :'(

Let's hear and discover them in a "friendly" tone from now on -- can we agree on that? 

Couldn't agree more!!!

« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 05:26:27 pm by houstonangel88 »

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 05:25:28 pm »
He'll be back. This is probably a late April Fool's joke. No one can resist all these fabulous people!
Once you go Brokeback, you never go back. (is it acceptable to rhyme back with back?)
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Spooky_Rabbit

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jimmy
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 05:28:27 pm »
I must say, you are all very, very kind.

I in no way ever dislike seeing dissenting opinions.  We are all individuals and so there will always be differences.

That said, I could (would? will?) only add that I can live without condescension and rudeness.

I just don't 'get' unkindness.  Why go to the effort of being unkind?

It's just always been easier for me to be 'nice'.  I guess I just like my species...  :)

And I think only insecure people are unkind.  If you're good with yourself, you give good to others...

My .02 cents.   :-\
I know I shall meet you on that final day! Water Walkin' Jesus, take me away...

vkm91941

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 05:31:34 pm »
Well Surf,
I cannot say I'm surprised by this developement but I am terribly saddened by it.  I will miss your point and counterpoint to discussions gone to flat in their sameness and your lovely dry wit.

Is there nothing we can say to change your mind?  

I think you are mistaken in your feeling that we as group don't like or value you or your opinions..but  perception is indeed reality, is it not. If I personally have ever made you or any one on this or any other board we've shared feel unappreciated, ignored, invalidated or disrespected then I most humbly beg everyone's pardon.

Posting Boards and Chat forums  are places to share ideas and opinions.  They are for free exhange.  In order for that to happen, in order for that exchange to occur than we must each, reader and poster,  bring an open heart and an open mind to the table.  The first time we disrepect another who does not share our view, either by  shouting in caps with exclamation points, or by implying stupidity, or outright name calling..then communication ceases.

We must remember in our discussions that we are:   all ages, with all levels of communication skills and education, language barriers, perceptions  and life experiences all  color our responses.

Remember everyone that the tree that is bent and shaped by harsh winds is no less beautiful than the tree that grows in the shelter nook.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 05:33:52 pm by vkm91941 »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 05:35:18 pm »
I agree with what Vic said too..............hell I agree with what EVERYONE said! 

There....that makes it easy...... ;D