Author Topic: Not a football fan? What are you doing today?  (Read 33977 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Not a football fan? What are you doing today?
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2011, 10:05:36 pm »
I agree that that bet with art is not in the best of taste.  Some things just shouldn't be combined.   :P

I grew up near Pittsburgh, and my Dad and brothers were always big fans of the Steelers and Pirates, so they get my support.  I see they're slightly behind at this point.  Come on, boys!  8)

At any rate, I've been in bed most of the day nursing a head cold and sore throat.  >:(  But PBS has given thought to the poor women out here who have no interest in football and put on a marathon of Jane Austen dramas, so I've been very content.  I'm in the last hour of "Emma" now.  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2011, 10:52:55 pm »
Sorry to hear you are not well, Meryl, I hope you get over it quickly!  Those Austen gentlemen can be medicinal though, can't they?  Wouldn't it help to have a Mr Bingley downstairs full of solicitude as he was for his indisposed guest Jane Bennett, or a Captain Benwick to read poetry to you as he did to Louisa Musgrove during her long recovery?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2011, 10:58:23 pm »
Sorry to hear you are not well, Meryl, I hope you get over it quickly!  Those Austen gentlemen can be medicinal though, can't they?  Wouldn't it help to have a Mr Bingley downstairs full of solicitude as he was for his indisposed guest Jane Bennett, or a Captain Benwick to read poetry to you as he did to Louisa Musgrove during her long recovery?

Yes, indeed!  I can tell you are a man of infinite sensibility.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 12:07:52 am »
I second that! Both the wishes for your quick recovery and the wishes for the solicitous amiable gentlemen close by!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 07:11:31 am »
Got a call last night at home after I left the superbowl party early... :laugh:

I won the last part of the pool at the party (cash was given out each quarter), and my take was $45.00 and a trophy.

I didn't even watch the game!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2012, 10:51:24 am »
I don't know what I'm doing this Sunday evening.  ???

Ordinarily it sure wouldn't be watching the Superbowl, but with both Tom Brady and Eli Manning playing, maybe I ought to reconsider.  ???  That's almost too much hotness for one football game!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2012, 01:14:56 pm »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2012, 01:17:42 pm »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2012, 01:19:41 pm »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2012, 01:32:35 pm »
hey Lynne, if you haven't seen "Wolverine"it is out on DVD and I saw copies of it in the Safeway.  I enjoyed it with a rewatch of the X-men series.

And staying warm is NOT a problem today - we have bright sunshine beating down and I am just getting settled in to writing another chapter of "Agents of the Law"

HOORAY;;;

I cannot wait Louise.

I am a football fan however.  As long as its a team I care about.  I love the Patriots, and Tom Brady, he is a future  hall of fame shoo in.  He is the best thing in this game.  With the possible exception of Drew Brees, of the New Orlean Saints.   If they can hold the line for him, allow him to do his quarterback magic.  They will win by a fair margin.  If however the front line can't contain the other team, then the Giants, will prevail.. Boooo.. lol I don't take it too seriously however, like some do, but yes I do understand the game, and pick the best players, etc. 

My real favorite is the  University of Oregon, Oregon Ducks.  College football, Eugene Ore.

Beautiful mind