Author Topic: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)  (Read 120330 times)

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 08:45:46 am »
I loved these.   My favorite is the French-speaking interview.  Impressive!  :)

While there was and ever will be only one Heath Ledger - but I can see a bit of a resemblance (career-wise too!), JGL is his own person and actor in his own right.  He seems to be quite a rising talent, I loved Inception and his role in it.   Next up is Mysterious Skin for me.   The Lookout trailer is very suspenseful!

Thanks,
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2010, 06:08:27 pm »
Wow, i didn't know he spoke French, and beautifully too.! It's official, now I REALLY love him!  ;)  Also, I hope Godard does give him a call.
A small correction in "the New Heath Ledger?" article, that reform school movie that's mentioned is called MANIC not Maniac.  He's a very angry boy in that one.

Here is Joseph (voice only) challenging a couple of paparrazzi.  It's from a while back.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzX36AW9Fhs[/youtube]

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 06:33:33 pm »
Wow, i didn't know he spoke French, and beautifully too.! It's official, now I REALLY love him!  ;)  Also, I hope Godard does give him a call.
A small correction in "the New Heath Ledger?" article, that reform school movie that's mentioned is called MANIC not Maniac.  He's a very angry boy in that one.

Here is Joseph (voice only) challenging a couple of paparrazzi.  It's from a while back.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Sophia

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010, 06:48:43 pm »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
&amp;hl=sv_SE&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&amp;hl=sv_SE&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

joseph gordon lewitt showing his amazing talents

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2010, 12:30:06 am »

Thank you for the video, Gil!

Challenging, yes, but friend Joe was also--so human, so sane, and yes, even kind (even as he was letting them know they were  assholes--worse  than assholes).  Wasn't it something that the younger of the two paparrazzi slowly warmed to Joe's humanizing charm? Wasn't even the younger photographer becoming--well, not only friendly, but almost--a little lovestruck? (The older one was hopeless.) I think I could be enraptured myself, I think--

::)

I'll just add that Joe's video was filmed (around Christmas time) just outside of The Metropolitan Club at 1 East 60th Street, a well-known private club, very exclusive, very  beautiful, more than a century old, about a (diagonal) block-and-a-half Northeast from the Plaza Hotel, and one block West from where I worked for ten years, from 1996 to 2006. I have walked past this amazing building nearly every day, it seems, all my life, and yet I have been inside only once or twice, the last time in 1998, for a luncheon after the memorial service of a former boss. I am not, obviously, a member of this  particular club--proximity does not equal access!  ;D

Anyway, next time you tell Joe you saw his paparrazzi-asshole video, and want to shoot the shit, it starts on the East side of Fifth Avenue, between 61st and 60th Streets, then turns around the corner onto 60th, just West of Fifth.

MAP

[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
&amp;hl=sv_SE&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&amp;hl=sv_SE&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

joseph gordon lewitt showing his amazing talents

And thank you, Sophia, for your amazing talent for detection--what a gem!--and yes, it's now official for me also, I'm madly in LOVE too! (Poor Joe. Sorry!)

Next time you're in NY, we gotta go scout around Tribeca, and, you know, hang around and see see the sights, try the small cafes and bistros. Just to--catch the vibe,  taste the flavor  of Tribeca. So to speak.

Know what I mean?   ::)

;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:46:23 am by gee mm willikers »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2010, 02:00:59 am »
Joseph is a real cutie! I loved him in "10 Things I Hate About You".

Well, both him AND Heath, obviously! lol

I saw an article posted today (I haven't read it yet though) about Joseph and how he's the new Internet "boyfriend" or something like that.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Sophia

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2010, 10:41:46 am »

And thank you, Sophia, for your amazing talent for detection--what a gem!--and yes, it's now official for me also, I'm madly in LOVE too! (Poor Joe. Sorry!)

Next time you're in NY, we gotta go scout around Tribeca, and, you know, hang around and see see the sights, try the small cafes and bistros. Just to--catch the vibe,  taste the flavor  of Tribeca. So to speak.

Know what I mean?   

I am glad you came out of the closet, John. I´am happy for you! Now I know I am not alone.  ;) ;D

Next time it is Tribeca!!

Do you have him on twitter now?  :)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2010, 09:10:51 am »

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/09/see_joseph_gordon-levitt_sing.html

9/8/10 at 08:45 AM

See Joseph Gordon-Levitt Sing Lady Gaga’s ‘Bad Romance’
It's no "Natural Woman," but it'll do.
(Recorded at HitRECord's third Summer in the City concert.)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6zMwGkY7z4&feature[/youtube]

"Camping Out"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2010, 10:31:52 am »
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/09/see_joseph_gordon-levitt_sing.html

9/8/10 at 08:45 AM

See Joseph Gordon-Levitt Sing Lady Gaga’s ‘Bad Romance’
It's no "Natural Woman," but it'll do.
(Recorded at HitRECord's third Summer in the City concert.)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6zMwGkY7z4&feature[/youtube]

He´s hot

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2010, 11:12:02 am »

He´s hot

Yup.

(Where's that devil icon thingie when you need it?!  :laugh: )

"Camping Out"