Author Topic: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)  (Read 119497 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2010, 07:14:38 pm »

Hesher is the story of a family struggling to deal with loss and the anarchist who helps them do it—in a very unexpected way.

TJ is 13 years old. Two months ago, his mom was killed in an accident, leaving TJ and his grieving dad to move in with grandma to pick up the pieces. Hesher is a loner. He hates the world—and everyone in it. He has long, greasy hair and homemade tattoos. He likes fire and blowing things up. He lives in his van—until he meets TJ.

Hesher is that rare film that manages to be a completely original vision, a thoroughly entertaining story, and a provocative metaphor. Joseph Gordon-Levitt brings the character of Hesher to life with anger and angst, and Devin Brochu makes quite a splash as the young boy dealing with both the loss of his mother and an unwanted houseguest. Cowriter/director Spencer Susser crafts a multidimensional, darkly humorous film that exhibits an immensely talented storyteller at work. —Sundance Film Festival

Anyone see this?

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2010, 07:39:40 pm »

Hesher is the story of a family struggling to deal with loss and the anarchist who helps them do it—in a very unexpected way.

TJ is 13 years old. Two months ago, his mom was killed in an accident, leaving TJ and his grieving dad to move in with grandma to pick up the pieces. Hesher is a loner. He hates the world—and everyone in it. He has long, greasy hair and homemade tattoos. He likes fire and blowing things up. He lives in his van—until he meets TJ.

Hesher is that rare film that manages to be a completely original vision, a thoroughly entertaining story, and a provocative metaphor. Joseph Gordon-Levitt brings the character of Hesher to life with anger and angst, and Devin Brochu makes quite a splash as the young boy dealing with both the loss of his mother and an unwanted houseguest. Cowriter/director Spencer Susser crafts a multidimensional, darkly humorous film that exhibits an immensely talented storyteller at work. —Sundance Film Festival

Anyone see this?

haven´t heard about it. but it do sound very interesting, I will check it out.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2010, 01:57:47 pm »

The Lookout
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKRYBgjaYE[/youtube]

I finally got The Lookout from the library over the weekend, and I must say it's one of the best movies I've seen in 2010.  The time passed in an instant, watching it, because you're so deeply invested in JGL's character, as well as almost even feeling a kind of empathy for the bad guys.  (Except for Bone, of course, who is a heartless prick who reminded me, oddly enough, of Gene Simmons of KISS fame.) Here's one of the IMDB reviews for it:

An admired high school hockey player with a bright future foolishly takes a drive in the night with his girlfriend and two other friends with his headlights off with devastating results. The former athlete is left with a brain injury that prevents him from remembering many things for extended periods of time. To compensate, he keeps notes in a small notebook to aid him in remembering what he is to do. He also lives with a blind friend who aids him. Obviously, with the mental incapacitation, he is unable to have meaningful work. Thus he works as a night cleaning man in a bank. It is there he comes under the scrutiny of a gang planning to rob the bank. The leader befriends him and gets him involved with a young woman who further reels him in. After they get close and after reeling him in with his own failures, the bank plan unfolds. Confused but wanting to escape his current existence, he initially goes along with the scheme... Written by John Sacksteder <[email protected]>   

I loved especially the portrayals done by Isla Fisher, Matthew Goode and from Jeff Daniels.  They were hilarious and heart-wrenching at the same time.  Never ceases to amaze me how Brits (Isla and Matthew) can pull off perfect American accents.  And JGL's performance, and the production design/cinematography/camera work, whatever you want to call it, just watching his face close-up in silence, pondering something, is incredible.  I just wanted to reach through the screen and give him a giant bear-hug.  If you rent the DVD, make sure you watch the Special Features where JGL is talking about his research into playing the part of a moderately brain-damaged young man.  This came out in 2007, but I hadn't heard much about it until I decided to check out everything my local library had with him in it.  The more I see of him, the more I believe he will be one of the greatest actors of our generation(s).  Please share your thoughts if you get a chance to check it out.

And BTW, I've now watched Killshot (see my previous posts on earlier pages here) more than a dozen times, and still can't get over how sexy he is in it.  Hell, even when he's jumping on a wall, hanging by deer antlers, hysterically trying to threaten somebody, and landing flat on his ass, I'd have still hit that, LOL:)  Did you other folks here get to see that, and what did 'ya think?

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2011, 09:16:25 am »

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/02/joseph_gordon-levitt_may_join.html

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Could Join
Dark Knight Rises

By: Julie Gerstein
2/2/11 at 01:14 AM

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to sign on to Christopher Nolan's latest project, Dark Knight Rises.  The follow up to 2008's The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises has already signed on Anne Hathaway and JGL's Inception  co-star Tom Hardy. This isn't the first time rumors of Gordon-Levitt's involvement in the film have surfaced. Back in August 2010, Gordon-Levitt's rep denied that he'd be playing Batman foe The Riddler ("This is not true" he said), so we're curious to see if he denies the story this time, too. [Deadline]

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2011, 01:41:17 am »
I suspect JGL would make an excellent Riddler.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2011, 01:53:13 am »

Anyone see this?
Oh, sounds promising. Must try and find it somewhere

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2011, 02:31:58 pm »
  I think he could play almost any part he wanted to play.  I love him.  He was really great in Inception.

He should have been the new Spiderman.

Beautiful mind

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2011, 06:37:46 pm »
Finally got around to watch Mysterious Skin today. Creepy movie! JGL does an excellent job but sometimes he looks so much like Heath it hurts. I feel confident we will see a lot more of JGL in the years to come. He has a sensativity that not many actors possess or at least can bring to the screen. I hope he finds his "Ennis", a role that is, that he can really shine in.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2011, 12:05:06 am »

JGL and Natalie Portman are in a new movie together.  Looks awesome.
Its got a trailer on Perez Hiltons blog.

Movie Starring Natalie Portman And Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Filed under: Film Flickers > Natalie Portman > PerezTV > Joseph Gordon-Levitt

This movie looks good!!

Check out the trailer for the new movie Hesher starring Natalie Portman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

JGL looks like he plays such a bad ass in this movie! And he's super hot too. We're definitely going to check this one out!

Tags: hesher, rainn wilson, trailer

http://perezhilton.com/2011-02-20-hesher-trailer-starring-natalie-portman-and-joseph-gordon-levitt  trailer

Beautiful mind

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2011, 09:33:20 pm »
Just finished watching "A River Runs Through It", directed and narrated by Robert Redford.  I've seen it about 5 or 6 times over the years, but this is the first time I watched it and realized that JGL plays the young Norman.  WOW!  This hot guy (now) as a very young man, with his trademark eyes that can't possibly be disguised... 
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...