Author Topic: Dennis Hopper dies  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Dennis Hopper dies
« on: May 30, 2010, 04:51:19 am »
Dennis Hopper died Saturday of advanced prostate cancer at the age of 74. Hopper was an Oscar-nominated actor and writer, a gifted artist, and an icon of the '60s counterculture movement. He had a knack for being in some of the most influential and important movies of his time. He also had self-destructive streak that was legendary. Let's look back at the life and work of Dennis Hopper, including his last public appearance in March.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dennis Hopper dies
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:37:31 am »
In reading about his life and habits, I'm surprised that he made it into his 70s!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 12:01:44 pm »
I feel the beginning of a joke.. :o

"Dennis Hopper dies and goes to heaven and the first person he runs into is Heath Ledger..." :-\

Sadly I don't have as much imagination as I would like to. Maybe someone can take this and run with it.  ;D

Dennis Hopper was an amazing actor, and still managed to have a successful career in spite of his wild days.  :-*
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 05:49:05 pm »
Truman, that would be a kind of cool scenario, wouldn't it?  I can't even imagine the conversation they would have.

Maybe we could talk about our favorite roles of his?

Mine would be "Hoosiers" where he plays the struggling alcoholic father who finally figures out how to make good of his life.  I thought it was a rather humbling role for him, in comparison to all the rebel movies he'd made, and I found him all the more endearing for it.  Much as I love Gene Hackman, I still think that that movie would have been nothing without Shooter in it.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:21:49 pm »
Yeah. He was amazing in "Hoosiers". I love that movie too.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~