Author Topic: Favorite Jake Gyllenhaal Movie?  (Read 28163 times)

EnnisDelMar

Re: Favorite Jake Gyllenhaal Movie?
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 10:40:24 pm »
I know he has GREAT movies, I like just about every single one of them.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 10:41:04 pm »
Jarhead!! *mmm*

Juan - I liked Proof! Well acted by all & just generally good. I like that it's based on a true story.
Is it?  That's interesting, good to know.  Thanks!  So is Jarhead, I thought.  Course after A Million Little Pieces, I take it with more of a grain of salt.  I never got to see Proof the play though, wish I had.

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 10:50:38 pm »
Jarhead is based on a memoir so yes it is a true story in many ways.....its REALLY good!  Just watched it last night to the umpteenth billion time....

vkm91941

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 10:53:33 pm »
I voted for Jarhead, but I really love Jake in October Sky, The Good Girl, Donnie Darko, Day After Tomorrow and Proof...Can't wait for September for the new one!

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 10:55:20 pm »
Jarhead is based on a memoir so yes it is a true story in many ways.....its REALLY good!  Just watched it last night to the umpteenth billion time....
Thanks, I just put it on my queue.  I like Sam Mendes' work, and I forgot that Peter Sarsgaard is in it too. 

Juan

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 10:56:54 pm »
Sam Mendes is a genius if you ask me...

He's not flawless (then again not even Spielberg is flawless) but its those little flaws that make his films what they are....IMHO
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 10:58:58 pm by slayers_creek_oth »

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 10:59:54 pm »
Chris I agree - I love Sam Mendes movies.  I voted for Donnie Darko, but I was torn.  I am one of the few that absolutely loves Moonlight Mile, and I love The Good Girl and Jarhead too.  DD was the first Jake movie I saw though, and it's so excellent, that it holds a special place in my heart. 
   Cowboys do it better

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 11:00:55 pm »
Sam Mendes is a genius if you ask me...

He's not flawless but its those little flaws that make his films what they are....IMHO
I liked Road To Perdition, and I was surprised Jarhead didn't do better.  I've read that it's "too neutral" with regards to being pro- or anti-war.  Maybe that's too hard to pull off in the midst of the Iraq fiasco.  I did get to see his version of Cabarat on Broadway, liked that too.

Juan

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 11:03:10 pm »
Yeah its sad because Jarhead was seen as more of a political statement then a movie......so it was overlooked by critics and fan alike.  Jake should have gotten an Oscar nom IMO and many people believed that he was going too....he was nothing short of brilliant...

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 11:06:53 pm »
Chris, again I completely agree.  And I have to ask - I missed the "breasty" pic you had as your avatar, but I've read a number of comments about it and now I'm curious - who was the picture of?  I'm assuming it wasn't of yourself, lol.
   Cowboys do it better