Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263381 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2010, 12:34:59 am »
Rich and I always talked about how he wanted to come to Wyoming one day, and I told him there was a bandana waiting for him, one that said "As long as we can ride it, There ain't no reins on this one." Now, I'm taking it to Brokenback Mountain, as a tribute to him, and putting it in the cache. Rest in peace, Richard, dear. Your long journey ended in triumph, and you will live forever in our hearts.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:05:27 am by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2010, 12:39:47 am »
Rich and I always talked about how he wanted to come to Wyoming one day, and I told him there was a bandana waiting for him, one that said "There ain't no reins on this one." Now, I'm taking it to Brokenback Mountain, as a tribute to him, and putting it in the cache. Rest in peace, Richard, dear. Your long journey ended in triumph, and you will live forever in our hearts.

:) {{{{{LEE}}}}}
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #222 on: August 01, 2010, 12:43:04 am »
Hey, Jack. Long time. {{{{{{{JACK}}}}}}}

Yeah. Rich was our dream come true--he showed us all that hope can become reality. That nice guys do finish first. He was the happy coda to a story of Ennis. And so much more to so many here and at his home. A wonderful life cut short. We are going to miss him so much.

Yes it has been a long time {{{{{{{SHASTA}}}}}}}}

Yeah I agree he sure did show us all that hope can become a reality. His life with Gene and their families in all of the pictures he posted were such an inspiration to me. It was like the happy ending we all wanted for Ennis and Jack at the end of Brokeback Mountain.

I think too that it has brought many of us back to a place we have all loved being even if it got rough sometimes. That place would be Bettermost where I immediately came after learning about this. Facebook just did not seem to be the place to be when one of our own faced all of this. Even though I must say I am so glad that it was just yesterday that I communicated with Rich on Facebook. He and Gene seemed so happy about the event they were going to this weekend.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #223 on: August 01, 2010, 12:48:03 am »
I am very saddened. May he sleep with the angels.

TampaTalon (Steve)
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

pnwDUDE

« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2010, 01:40:59 am »
Rich and I always talked about how he wanted to come to Wyoming one day, and I told him there was a bandana waiting for him, one that said "There ain't no reins on this one." Now, I'm taking it to Brokenback Mountain, as a tribute to him, and putting it in the cache. Rest in peace, Richard, dear. Your long journey ended in triumph, and you will live forever in our hearts.

Wow Lee, what a fine tribute. He's surely smilin' down on ya' this very second. You'll be close to him up on that mountain. Let him know he'll be missed but never forgotten.

Brad

Offline ohiomyown

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #225 on: August 01, 2010, 02:07:51 am »
It's been a shocking and sad day for us all.  I just want to say to Rich's personal friends, I'm sorry for your loss.

The Rich I knew reached out in trust and love to everyone here, I remember feeling loved and cared for in his presence.

He was so open and ready to live a new life.  And live it he did.  I am so happy he found the love of his life, and shared
the last part of his life with him, their children and their families.

The last thing I want to say is "Good for you, Rich!" . . . signing up to be an organ donor is the most loving thing a person
can do -  and that was surely our Rich's M.O.

Now, I'm going to spread my arms as wide as they can go, to hold you, all of you in our time of sadness.  Don't worry if we
haven't met in person, someday soon we may.  {{{{{{  all of us here  }}}}}}

And another thing.  Don't waste a second,  love those you love . . . cause we never know.
Judy

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #226 on: August 01, 2010, 02:08:55 am »
Ok--that's good. Thanks, Truman.

I have just been wondering about this.  I would hop a plane to go there if I hadn't just
spent my money on a ticket to Iowa to visit the ever present Gdaughter.  I will sorely miss
this event, but I will definitely be there in every way but the real one.  Thanks Tru for letting
us know of this.

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #227 on: August 01, 2010, 03:06:44 am »
        I have just been wondering about this.  I would hop a plane to go there if I hadn't just
spent my money on a ticket to Iowa to visit the ever present Gdaughter.  I will sorely miss
this event, but I will definitely be there in every way but the real one.  Thanks Tru for letting
us know of this.

How much would it cost you? Please let me know in a PM and maybe we can figure out something. You were "Mama" to Rich and I think it would be great if you could be there. That would make him feel so good to know that you are there. I am going to try my best to be there and I would like you to be there right beside me if I can figure out about going. Talk about a special person............YOU ARE!!! Contact me and maybe we can figure something out.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2010, 03:08:11 am »
Rich and I always talked about how he wanted to come to Wyoming one day, and I told him there was a bandana waiting for him, one that said "There ain't no reins on this one." Now, I'm taking it to Brokenback Mountain, as a tribute to him, and putting it in the cache.

What a lovely thing to do, FRiend Lee!  :)

I wasn't sure if any of the Colorado folks had actually met Rich. I apologize for not being in touch about this today.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2010, 03:13:13 am »
Jeff, you are back up I see