Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263354 times)

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #260 on: August 01, 2010, 08:29:37 am »
Thank you, Souxi.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #261 on: August 01, 2010, 08:35:49 am »
Thank you Souxi.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #262 on: August 01, 2010, 09:34:14 am »
Morning Brokies.

After a day of emotional eating (::) ) I doped myself with some Tylenol PMs and made it thorugh the night without nightmares or incidents.

The temptation to eat big time again is there, but the last email I have from Rich was after he saw my "suit pics", telling me how good I was looking.  If he knew how I behaved yesterday, he'd be pissed and I'd be in for one hell of a lecture.

Queen Elizabeth of all people said something once that comes into my mind now. Grief is the price we pay for love.

Hi, Chrissi. Hugs. This is like a wake. isn't it. What am I saying, there is no 'like,' it is  a wake.

When my friend's mother died, she asked asked her husband when things would get back to normal.  His reply was "They don't get back to normal.  What happens now is you adapt to a new "normal" in your life.  That's what we all have to do now.

I received a PM from Andew, asking if I thought that Gene would mind giving us his address to be published so those who want to, can send cards to him and the boys.

I have Gene's address, it's on my computer at work.  I will NOT publsh it.  However, anyone who would like to send a card, send me a PM and I will send you the address via PM tomorrow morning.  Just title the PM "Gene's Address" and I'll send it to you.  All I ask is that you keep the address private.

Thanks

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dontwanttosayGB

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Never enough time, never enough...
« Reply #263 on: August 01, 2010, 10:04:42 am »
It's been a shocking and sad day for us all.  I just want to say to Rich's personal friends, I'm sorry for your loss.

The Rich I knew reached out in trust and love to everyone here, I remember feeling loved and cared for in his presence.

He was so open and ready to live a new life.  And live it he did.  I am so happy he found the love of his life, and shared
the last part of his life with him, their children and their families.

The last thing I want to say is "Good for you, Rich!" . . . signing up to be an organ donor is the most loving thing a person
can do -  and that was surely our Rich's M.O.

Now, I'm going to spread my arms as wide as they can go, to hold you, all of you in our time of sadness.  Don't worry if we
haven't met in person, someday soon we may.  {{{{{{  all of us here  }}}}}}

And another thing.  Don't waste a second,  love those you love . . . cause we never know.
Judy

((((Judy))))
...the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain...

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
« Reply #264 on: August 01, 2010, 10:22:38 am »
I am very sorry to hear this.   :(   it just shows us how fragile life is.   

deepest sympathy to his partner and his friends and family too

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #265 on: August 01, 2010, 11:01:20 am »
Chuck, can you tell us the funeral / service details?  I'd like to be there.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline ohiomyown

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #266 on: August 01, 2010, 11:22:49 am »
((((Judy))))

Ted, my friend,  I'm sorry we are meeting in this place for this reason.  We've cried enough together, you and I.
I love you, and am happy for your new life.   Please stay in touch. Judy
{{{{Ted}}}}

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #267 on: August 01, 2010, 11:26:37 am »
Chuck, can you tell us the funeral / service details?  I'd like to be there.

I don't have any details at the moment.

Between my contact with Gene, or Truman's contact with Rich's mom, one of us should be able to provide information.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2010, 11:59:24 am »
I had to drive into San Francisco this afternoon, so I wasn't here when Chuck announced that Rich was gone. While I was on my way to the theater I got a text message from Eric soon after Chuck posted.

I was on Van Ness Street when the message came in, stopped at a red light in front of the Cathedral Hotel. This was the last place I saw Rich at when he was here for the Castro screening and the rodeo.

I posted some time ago that I had heard some really sad news that the Cathedral Hill Hotel was closing and would be demolished. Rich was the first person to immediately respond to me that it was very sad because of all the memories it brought back to him. I am still looking for my missing San Francisco pictures and I did find some of them, but not the ones I am wanting to find. There are some pictures of the Cathedral Hotel I came across which brought back all of the memories of that truly great time. In fact one of them also show Mel's Drive In where so many of us went so many times during that trip. The first night we were there I met Rich and a bunch of us went to Mel's at around 3 in the morning. I will never forget that Rich ordered all these different side dishes of things. I was reminding Truman of that yesterday when I talked to him. I am glad to know that the Cathedral Hill Hotel is still standing. I was afraid it may be gone.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #269 on: August 01, 2010, 12:33:47 pm »
Morning Brokies.

After a day of emotional eating (::) ) I doped myself with some Tylenol PMs and made it thorugh the night without nightmares or incidents.

The temptation to eat big time again is there, but the last email I have from Rich was after he saw my "suit pics", telling me how good I was looking.  If he knew how I behaved yesterday, he'd be pissed and I'd be in for one hell of a lecture.

When my friend's mother died, she asked asked her husband when things would get back to normal.  His reply was "They don't get back to normal.  What happens now is you adapt to a new "normal" in your life.  That's what we all have to do now.

I received a PM from Andew, asking if I thought that Gene would mind giving us his address to be published so those who want to, can send cards to him and the boys.

I have Gene's address, it's on my computer at work.  I will NOT publsh it.  However, anyone who would like to send a card, send me a PM and I will send you the address via PM tomorrow morning.  Just title the PM "Gene's Address" and I'll send it to you.  All I ask is that you keep the address private.

Thanks

I have a suggestion.

It's just an idea, I won't be upset if you guys don't like it.

This thread is so full of sympathy and loving messages for Rich and his family.
My idea is that it be printed out at some point, maybe after the funeral, and sent to Rich's family.

That way they will know how much he meant to so many people, and how sorely he will be missed.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre