Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263366 times)

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2010, 12:35:32 pm »
I had to drive into San Francisco this afternoon, so I wasn't here when Chuck announced that Rich was gone. While I was on my way to the theater I got a text message from Eric soon after Chuck posted.

I was on Van Ness Street when the message came in, stopped at a red light in front of the Cathedral Hotel. This was the last place I saw Rich at when he was here for the Castro screening and the rodeo.

Hi, (((John))).

That must have seemed eerie, being at the Cathedral Hill Hotel.  I remember him well from that hotel and the surrounding neighborhood, although I did see him after that.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2010, 12:44:29 pm »
Chuck, I understand the emotional eating, I did some of that too last.

But it's good that you can remember how much Rich admired your new, slimmer look in those suits.

These are tough times, so we all have to be strong for each other.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2010, 01:09:31 pm »
I BELIEVE IT WOULD BE ADVISABLE TO READ THIS WITH CAUTION

Ok, I have spoken to Rich's mother and she has told me what we talked about I could share with the many who are awaiting news.

It appears at this point a memorial service/funeral will be held on Saturday, the 7th. More information will follow but they do ask for no flowers, "Flowers die" she said. A trust fund for Elizabeth's education will be set up and will address one of the biggest concern Rich had, paying for her education.

Now, for the details.

Rich and Gene were at a horse event, the location of which I do not know. They were riding on the back of a flat bed golf cart type utility vehicle. I know of which she speaks and have ridden in one but do not know what they are called. She said Rich, being himself was waiving and calling out to people.

Gene first saw him rolling down thru the pasture. I am careful here to not tell you what he did or did not see, only he can speak to that. There was and injury to his eye and to his face. They have wondered since then how exactly the injury took place.

She told further, that last night Rich came to Gene in a dream. He told him that he was turning to sit down next to him, lost his balance and fell, his face striking the trailer hitch, at which point all went dark.

Elizabeth was able to visit with her father privately yesterday and lay with him on his bed, her head on his chest.

I cannot at this point recall any other pertinent information from our conversation.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:27:52 pm by Ellemeno »
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2010, 01:13:30 pm »
Thank you Truman.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2010, 01:16:00 pm »
I BELIEVE IT WOULD BE ADVISABLE TO READ THIS WITH CAUTION

Ok, I have spoken to Rich's mother and she has told me what we talked about I could share with the many who are awaiting news.

It appears at this point a memorial service/funeral will be held on Saturday, the 7th. More information will follow but they do ask for no flowers, "Flowers die" she said. A trust fund for Elizabeth's education will be set up and will address one of the biggest concern Rich had, paying for her education.

Now, for the details.

Rich and Gene were at a horse event, the location of which I do not know. They were riding on the back of a flat bed golf cart type utility vehicle. I know of which she speaks and have ridden in one but do not know what they are called. She said Rich, being himself was waiving and calling out to people.

Gene first saw him rolling down thru the pasture. I am careful here to not tell you what he did or did not see, only he can speak to that. There was and injury to his eye and to his face. They have wondered since then how exactly the injury took place.

She told further, that last night Rich came to Gene in a dream. He told him that he was turning to sit down next to him, lost his balance and fell, his face striking the trailer hitch, at which point all went dark.

Elizabeth was able to visit with her father privately yesterday and lay with him on his bed, her head on his chest.

I cannot at this point recall any other pertinent information from our conversation.
Thank you for the information.
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2010, 01:21:51 pm »
Thank you, Truman. Appreciate it.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2010, 01:24:18 pm »
READ THIS WITH CAUTION

Thanks Tru. But, oh God.  

Poor, Poor, Rich.

I'd assumed he'd fallen off a horse. And I thought, well, he died doing something he loved, that his whole family, including his Dad, loved.

I suppose he was still at the horse event though, enjoying it with Gene. So he was doing something he loved, but oh, just horrible.

And poor poor Bizzy. To see her Daddy like that. I'm glad she got to see him though. She obviously wanted to say goodbye and its important she got that opportunity. To give him that one last bear hug.

:'(

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2010, 01:35:03 pm »
Dear Lord.

:'(

Offline optom3

« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2010, 01:39:15 pm »
For the first time ever I avoided logging on to Bettermost this morning after a night of tossing and turning.

I didn't want to see this news.

And now, the real tears have come.  

Like some of you, I had a few glasses of wine, and some comfort food, sitting vigil on the thread but I just had to get away from it. Hoping the news would turn overnight.

It didn't.  :-\

David - you're so right. Rich never had a bad word to say, always sent lovely messages to say hello. Why the good guys?

That is exactly how I felt. I have never logged on so late and last night one glass of wine turned into several . I so wanted for it all to have been some terrible nightmare.  All I keep thinking is, his daughter is the same age as Emma and she loved her dad so much. I cannot conceive the pain she must be in. I kept going round the family last night and hugging them.
My kids laugh at me because every time we part, or got to bed , I have to tell then how much I love them. It started when I was first a mum and I told them that their tummy buttons were  the physical proof of my  ,for ever love, formed the very second they were conceived. It was once visible  but although you could no longer see it, the bond would be there for ever.  ,so I would always be with them.We called it the invidible string. As they grew older, the invisible string is still there. I also told them as dad had made them  he was also part of the string. His very cells were in it.

I believe when so many people gather as we do here, there is a whole ball of invisible strings. It is just another way of saying love and deep connections. We have been lucky enough to find this haven. So many of us have bonded in some way, and I also believe that the invisible string bond with Richard will always be there too.
Sorry for rambling on.

That is what I want someone to tell his daughter. The cord which kept her safe and nourished is part mum and part dad. She only needs to look at her tummy button and see the physical proof. It will be there for ever and so will the love.
When one of my kids asks if I still love them, the response is always the same, do you still have a tummy button.

My love to all of you and my special love and thoughts to those who were so close to him.
I think who ever had the idea of at some stage in the future printing off all the wonderful words here, is a really good one.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2010, 01:40:59 pm »

I don't know what to say, except--it's all so horribly sad--

Chuck, you are coping so well. You are so Wise.

You too, Lynne!

I know everyone is moving very slowly to day, thinking slow thoughts--

Hi Monika, I see you! Hope you had I good  day.  A sad, but good day.

Oh well.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"