Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 264383 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2010, 02:59:41 pm »
Thanks for the information, Truman. That must have been an awfully difficult conversation.

I'm glad Elizabeth got to see her daddy, but--oh, my Lord.  :'(

Interesting that so many of assumed he'd been thrown by his horse, or something like that, but it does sound like Rich, that, apparently, he was waving and calling and greeting people when the accident happened.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2010, 03:03:23 pm »
Rich loved the song "Meet Me on the Mountain"

I am loving this thread!
I love the song! John, what a fantastic video!
I get the same feeling reading this as i did in the arly days of my love affair with Ennis Jack and the whole BBM experience!

It was just a coincidence (?) that Ryan Harrison posted this video on Youtube today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZS3VI7ADQY

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2010, 03:11:56 pm »
Thanks, John, this way I can see it.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2010, 03:18:14 pm »
Aw, Jack, thank you. That sure is more than I deserve! Sorry for this delay, but I turned in right after my last post in the wee hours of today and didn't see yours until, well, now. You were always a delight to have as a traveling companion and roommate (we sure had some adventures, didn't we?) and whenever a see or hear a reference to North Carolina I think of you. You are a sweet and caring guy and a good man to have as a friend.  :)

Thank you Jeff. That really makes me feel good for you to say these things. I do hope to see you again in the near future for more good times and adventures.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2010, 03:20:26 pm »
Interesting that so many of assumed he'd been thrown by his horse, or something like that, but it does sound like Rich, that, apparently, he was waving and calling and greeting people when the accident happened.

I believe one of my posts may have led to that assumption.  I think I stated that they were at an event that may have been a horse riding event.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2010, 03:23:20 pm »
Ok, I have spoken to Rich's mother

(((Truman)))

I'm glad Elisabeth got to say goodbye to her daddy.
I'm glad Gene was holding Rich.
Small blessings.
And such great loss.
 :'(

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2010, 03:27:17 pm »
I just had the strangest feeling that Rich was reading this thread and wanting so much to post to it. I know that if it were someone else that this had happened to he would be right here with us. I would give anything to see a post come from him. I remember back in the old days of Bettermost when several of us would practically spend the night with each other making post after post about most any topic you can think of. Rich was there so many times.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2010, 03:28:47 pm »
I hope no one minds me butting in on this thread. I appreciate I didn't know Rich, but I'd like to express my sincerest condolences to his family and friends, and everyone who loved him. From what I've been reading he seemed like a very well liked guy. It's pretty obvious he was well loved here.

It's just so sad I wanted to say how sorry I am for you all. Hope no one minds. xxx

Thank kew, and you are quite welcome.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2010, 03:34:40 pm »
Thanks for the information, Truman. That must have been an awfully difficult conversation.

In an odd way we were both so much on the same wavelength. She said it had not hit her yet and I said it was the same for me. It was like having a hitch hiker in the car, someone your very wary of. When it started to get hard for us we let it go until next time.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2010, 03:46:22 pm »
I hope that I'm not stepping on any toes here, but I just felt the need to post this.

One member who has not been able to post here is Matthew (ZK).  He's without internet at the moment, but can view BetterMost on his phone.

We've been talking via texts and phone calls.  Matt is stunned and saddened by what has happened.

Rich called Matthew his "twin" due to the facts that they were both dads, recently divorced, gay and had viewed Brokeback for the first time within a month of each other, without having met.

The pic is a little blurry, but......

This was taken at my house when Matthew was in the NYC area.  One of the highlights of the trip was that after all the time talking online, Rich and Matt got to meet face to face.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!