Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263392 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #300 on: August 01, 2010, 03:47:23 pm »
I contacted samrim in the UK, and he was getting ready for early communion at St. Lawrence's when he got the message. He said prayers for Gene and Elizabeth there this morning and will continue praying. He asked me to offer his sympathy to Rich's family and friends here and at home.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #301 on: August 01, 2010, 03:50:55 pm »
I hope that I'm not stepping on any toes here, but I just felt the need to post this.

One member who has not been able to post here is Matthew (ZK).  He's without internet at the moment, but can view BetterMost on his phone.

We've been talking via texts and phone calls.  Matt is stunned and saddened by what has happened.

Rich called Matthew his "twin" due to the facts that they were both dads, recently divorced, gay and had viewed Brokeback for the first time within a month of each other, without having met.

The pic is a little blurry, but......

This was taken at my house when Matthew was in the NYC area.  One of the highlights of the trip was that after all the time talking online, Rich and Matt got to meet face to face.

Sweet picture, Chuck.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2010, 03:54:12 pm »
I hope that I'm not stepping on any toes here, but I just felt the need to post this.

One member who has not been able to post here is Matthew (ZK).  He's without internet at the moment, but can view BetterMost on his phone.

We've been talking via texts and phone calls.  Matt is stunned and saddened by what has happened.

Rich called Matthew his "twin" due to the facts that they were both dads, recently divorced, gay and had viewed Brokeback for the first time within a month of each other, without having met.

The pic is a little blurry, but......

This was taken at my house when Matthew was in the NYC area.  One of the highlights of the trip was that after all the time talking online, Rich and Matt got to meet face to face.

I doubt anyone minds, Chuck - rather, I think when Matt gets back online he will appreciate it.

I was telling Ronny some stories last night about that last Virginia trip - the one about how Rich had borrowed Gene's truck and managed to knock off the sideview mirror in Truman's driveway.  (Of course it's just how I remember it, not necessarily 100% correct.)

And then there was how Truman and Rich turned your practical joke around on you/us at the airport - Truman had told us Rich wasn't coming because he couldn't find any gas to get out of Atlanta (remember the shortage at that time?).  They had me googling Atlanta gas stations.  

::)

Then they appeared from around the corner - Rich had actually arrived the night before.

I think Rich would want us to tell our stories about him.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #303 on: August 01, 2010, 03:59:26 pm »
I think he would too!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2010, 04:00:24 pm »
And then there was how Truman and Rich turned your practical joke around on you/us at the airport - Truman had told us Rich wasn't coming because he couldn't find any gas to get out of Atlanta (remember the shortage at that time?).  They had me googling Atlanta gas stations.  

::)

Then they appeared from around the corner - Rich had actually arrived the night before.

I think Rich would want us to tell our stories about him.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG!  You and I were trying to prank Truman.....there we were, sitting next to each other, pretending  we couldn't find each other, and then we start hearing from Rich how he can't make it.

And then he comes walking from around the corner.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2010, 04:02:50 pm »
In an odd way we were both so much on the same wavelength. She said it had not hit her yet and I said it was the same for me. It was like having a hitch hiker in the car, someone your very wary of. When it started to get hard for us we let it go until next time.

Truman, you may have already told me this yesterday on the phone, but had you ever talked to Rich's mom before yesterday?

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #306 on: August 01, 2010, 04:04:58 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG!  You and I were trying to prank Truman.....there we were, sitting next to each other, pretending  we couldn't find each other, and then we start hearing from Rich how he can't make it.

And then he comes walking from around the corner.

That's right - we started it with our pretending and they turned it around on us because, ahem, they know you.   ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #307 on: August 01, 2010, 04:08:31 pm »
Truman, you may have already told me this yesterday on the phone, but had you ever talked to Rich's mom before yesterday?

Yes, we have met a couple of times before.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2010, 04:11:06 pm »
That's right - we started it with our pretending and they turned it around on us because, ahem, they know you.   ;)

Yeah, we were headed to the airport in Gene's vehicle that Rich had got caught on a sassafrass tree in my driveway and busted a side mirror, and we were laughing and carrying on about this great, totally believable joke we could play on you and you all were like unable to find one another, if the Greensboro airport of all places. You could not loose someone there if you wanted too!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2010, 04:13:57 pm »
That's right - we started it with our pretending and they turned it around on us because, ahem, they know you.   ;)

Yeah, we were headed to the airport in Gene's vehicle that Rich had got caught on a sassafrass tree in my driveway and busted and we were laughing and carrying on about this great, totally believable joke we could play on you and you all were like unable to find one another, if the Greensboro airport of all places. You could not loose someone there if you wanted too!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I remember teasing Rich as being the only "country boy" who would listen to Exposé.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!