Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263331 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #400 on: August 02, 2010, 05:46:17 pm »
Hello Brokie Friends...
    As some of you know I personally never had the pleasure of meeting Rich. but I want to offer my deepest condolences to those of you who know and love him and are having to find some means to cope with the tragic loss of your friend.   May he rest in peace, and may all of his friends and family keep his memory alive and find some solace.
SuperD

Thank you, Ronny.  I appreciate all you've done during this horrible time.  You're the best.   :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #401 on: August 02, 2010, 05:47:19 pm »
I hope someone can share the name and address where the service will be held on Saturday afternoon?  I'm planning on driving or flying down there.  Thanks.

Hi Mandy,

I don't think we have those details yet, but I imagine Chuck and/or Truman will post them...I believe 3:00 is the time on Saturday, if that helps for now.

Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #402 on: August 02, 2010, 05:48:59 pm »
Tell you what. Already yesterday I started thinking that I hope her mother lets her continue to have contact with Gene and his boys, and with Rich's side of the family. I don't know anything about how her mother is now, but I remember how ... difficult ... she was about the divorce.  :-\

You have a good, caring heart, Lynne.

Thank you, Jeff.  I imagine we can all make it work out just fine if we pull/push/whatever is required in the same direction.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #403 on: August 02, 2010, 05:50:19 pm »
I feel calm today.  I think Rich has his hands on my shoulders or somethin’.   :)

People cut me off on the freeway and I let it go.   I am listening more to folks and not judging them.  I am showing more mercy and forgiveness to folks.  My partner and I are moving in together and for the first time I don’t feel Ennis-like fear about it, but now I’m rather lookin’ for ward to it.  I have more patience and understanding today.  I want to try to continue to live my life this way going forward.

‘Cause in the end, life is too short!  I have learned that this weekend.

{{{{Eric}}}}

That is all good news.  It's nice to see a rainbow during this tumult.  I'm very happy for you.   :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #404 on: August 02, 2010, 05:54:44 pm »
I feel calm today.  I think Rich has his hands on my shoulders or somethin’.   :)

People cut me off on the freeway and I let it go.   I am listening more to folks and not judging them.  I am showing more mercy and forgiveness to folks.  My partner and I are moving in together and for the first time I don’t feel Ennis-like fear about it, but now I’m rather lookin’ for ward to it.  I have more patience and understanding today.  I want to try to continue to live my life this way going forward.

Eric, that's wonderful news in the middle of all this!

I'm so happy for you both!!  :-*

Wishing you all the best in your new life!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #405 on: August 02, 2010, 06:01:55 pm »
First time meeting Rich.....I can remember that well.

;D

I drove up to the hotel in SF, and Rich was already inside.  The parking lot was below the hotel, but I couldn't figure out where it was. 

::) :laugh:

I had Karen with me, and she went in and found Rich.  She told him I was outside in the van.  I'm getting ready to pull out and try to find parking, and I look to my right, through the windows into the hotel lounge.  Here comes Rich, bounding out the door, hops over the wrought iron gate and comes running over to the driver side of the van.  he reaches through the open window and puts me in a bear hug.

;D

Love this, Chuck, and all of the other memories about Rich and Gene. Thank y'all very much.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #406 on: August 02, 2010, 06:03:16 pm »

Yay Eric!!!! Big hugs to both of you!!

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #407 on: August 02, 2010, 06:13:45 pm »

Congrats and good luck Eric!  I'm happy for you!

I wish I could talk about the same thing you do in the middle paragraph.  LOL  I guess I am in the "anger" phase.  On the way home I was at an intersection.  The light changed, but I waited to let some pedestrians cross, and someone behind me started to lay on their horn.  I flipped them the bird and shouted out such a string of obscenities that, if my mom was in the car, she would'vd done an "Aunt Pittypat" and passed out.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #408 on: August 02, 2010, 06:19:49 pm »
I hope someone can share the name and address where the service will be held on Saturday afternoon?  I'm planning on driving or flying down there.  Thanks.

AT this point Mandy all we know for sure is 3 pm eastern on Saturday, the location I imagine will be betwixt Atlanta and Dawsonville. Stay tuned. Drive carefully.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #409 on: August 02, 2010, 06:20:42 pm »
Have faith that the anger will pass in due time, Chuck.