Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263311 times)

Offline bailey1205

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #480 on: August 03, 2010, 06:28:18 pm »
Great poem, and words to live by.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #481 on: August 03, 2010, 06:58:33 pm »
Laura, thanks so much for that post!

Ingmar (Ingy had met Rich at the San Fran rodeo event) & Fritz were wondering on DCF when Rich & Gene met, and I was able to get a very close estimate through my blog.  I went to visit Rich in April of '08 and he was getting phonecalls from Gene then.  They had just started to go out at that point.

It also made me go through my blog and see pics of Rich that I hadn't seen in a while, and it made me smile.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #482 on: August 03, 2010, 07:54:06 pm »
I'm glad they had the time they did to share, but it was just too damn short for two beautiful men.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #483 on: August 03, 2010, 08:35:36 pm »
Fritz, thank you for finding that.  I had never seen Rich's story.  The Sweet Afterlife--gives me chills.

Laura, I've always loved you, but somehow I love you even more now.  You nailed it. 

Offline Seaweed727

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • We are all better when we are loved.
« Reply #484 on: August 03, 2010, 08:42:32 pm »
It's been such a long time since I dropped by to say hello or see what was going on at Bettermost.  And now, after reading this thread for the past hour or more and trying to come to grips with the outpouring of love for a lost friend, I'm brought to tears not only for your loss but for having missed the opportunity to know Rich in my own way.

My love and sympathy are all I can offer at this point.  May God bless you all and may you be comforted for having shared your lives and stories with Rich throughout your years with him here and in person.

Billy Seaweed
"I got a boy, eight months old.... Smiles a lot."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #485 on: August 03, 2010, 10:09:38 pm »

Rich was truly a BetterMost success story. The "journey Rich made out of confusion and frustration into clarity and contentment" (as you aptly put it, Brokeplex) has been so gratifying to watch and share in. I'm so happy Rich did get the Sweet Life and obviously reveled in it, enjoying and cherishing every day. He was truly blessed and appreciated his blessings consciously and completely.

In Rich's very words: Have I told [all of] you lately that I love you and how glad I am to know you?

Laura, everything you say is absolutely beautiful and so very true. The lines I have included here are the ones that truly make me think of Rich. You are so correct in that Rich was a BetterMost success story. He did find the Sweet Life and he always showed his complete appreciation for that as well as his appreciation for all of us who had been on his journey with him. It always seemed for some reason that at times I was feeling really down and out I would open my email and find something from Rich asking how I was or what I had been up to or something like that. It seemed he never forgot any of us. It always seemed he knew exactly the right times to let people know that.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #486 on: August 04, 2010, 01:16:31 am »
Hi everybody.

Thank you Clarissa for texting me and letting me know last night as I came into Colorado (and finally had cell reception).  I'd been out of town and offline since last Wednesday.  A music-related trip through Montana... and Wyoming (sigh).  It kills me that the only way Rich will physically encounter the place now is as ashes.  The tears aren't stopping. 

Rich was truly a BetterMost success story. The "journey Rich made out of confusion and frustration into clarity and contentment" (as you aptly put it, Brokeplex) has been so gratifying to watch and share in. I'm so happy Rich did get the Sweet Life and obviously reveled in it, enjoying and cherishing every day. He was truly blessed and appreciated his blessings consciously and completely.

A fair number of confused people have passed through Bettermost and other forums and picked up on the counseling & wisdom people here have to share... and gone their way (which is okay, life happens).  But all the wisdom, humor and compassion Rich picked up from the community — he turned around and gave back a hundredfold.  And on the rare occasions he expressed disagreement with someone (over the film, current events, or whatever) he did so with such good humor that it was still a total pleasure to engage in or read those dialogs.  I just love him for that.

I think the college fund for Biz is a perfect idea. As much as we may worry for her, I know in my heart that between Gene and his sons, she has gained four men in her life who will love and protect her with all the ferocity Rich would.

On a lighter note, the only worry I have with a "Rich book" is that it's almost too perfect.  His story embodies all the morals a lot of art forms try to teach: that truth is paramount, risks can be worthwhile and dreams can come true.

I felt ~fairly~ close to Rich, but at the same time so appreciate all of you who are closer and are doing all you can to help, facilitate, and share. 

In Rich's very words: Have I told [all of] you lately that I love you and how glad I am to know you?

Laura, I've been remembering how much you supported Rich when he first got here.  Thank you for what you wrote.  Love, Clarissa

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #487 on: August 04, 2010, 03:03:45 am »

I don't check into Bettermost everyday and only just got the news.

My heart is heavy, and I wish he were still with us.
Rich was always jovial and caring and thoughtful in every single exchange I shared with him.
He will be dearly missed.

I am thinking of his family, his close friends... and my heart breaks even more.

You are dearly missed, Rich.  And dearly loved.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #488 on: August 04, 2010, 04:11:45 am »
It's been such a long time since I dropped by to say hello or see what was going on at Bettermost.  And now, after reading this thread for the past hour or more and trying to come to grips with the outpouring of love for a lost friend, I'm brought to tears not only for your loss but for having missed the opportunity to know Rich in my own way.

My love and sympathy are all I can offer at this point.  May God bless you all and may you be comforted for having shared your lives and stories with Rich throughout your years with him here and in person.

Billy Seaweed

Thankyou for writing that Seaweed.  :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #489 on: August 04, 2010, 04:35:14 am »
Hi everybody.

Thank you Clarissa for texting me and letting me know last night as I came into Colorado (and finally had cell reception).  I'd been out of town and offline since last Wednesday.  A music-related trip through Montana... and Wyoming (sigh).  It kills me that the only way Rich will physically encounter the place now is as ashes.  The tears aren't stopping.  

A fair number of confused people have passed through Bettermost and other forums and picked up on the counseling & wisdom people here have to share... and gone their way (which is okay, life happens).  But all the wisdom, humor and compassion Rich picked up from the community — he turned around and gave back a hundredfold.  And on the rare occasions he expressed disagreement with someone (over the film, current events, or whatever) he did so with such good humor that it was still a total pleasure to engage in or read those dialogs.  I just love him for that.

I think the college fund for Biz is a perfect idea. As much as we may worry for her, I know in my heart that between Gene and his sons, she has gained four men in her life who will love and protect her with all the ferocity Rich would.

On a lighter note, the only worry I have with a "Rich book" is that it's almost too perfect.  His story embodies all the morals a lot of art forms try to teach: that truth is paramount, risks can be worthwhile and dreams can come true.

I felt ~fairly~ close to Rich, but at the same time so appreciate all of you who are closer and are doing all you can to help, facilitate, and share.  

Oh Laura.  (Laura)
Like someone else already said: you nailed it.