Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263409 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #530 on: August 05, 2010, 04:06:41 pm »
Another update - Chuck, Paul, and I are all in Atlanta with Wayne.

A big group hug to you all.

xx
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #531 on: August 05, 2010, 04:28:49 pm »
Thank you, Bill.  I'm glad you are back and sorry that your trip had to end with this sad news awaiting you.  Thank you for your good wishes. You did have quite a bit in common and I know that you will miss him greatly.

{{{{Bill}}}}
thanks for your thoughts, when I first read them I was puzzled, as I never really got to know Rich, we were on the same forums for years, but were like ships that passed in the dark. but since his death, I have read some of his posts from IMBD and his early Bettermost posts, and you are entirely correct Lynne. We had a great deal in common, and I am not talking about politics or anything superficial, I am talking about emotional basics and choices early in life. I regret that I never really got to know him, and that I missed that opportunity.  

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #532 on: August 05, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »
Little did I know back in April 2007 that a simple trip to the video store to hire a DVD would change every aspect of my life. Watching "our film" began a time of questioning who I was or more accurately who I wasn't and although being married and with a daughter it was a time I felt utterly alone.

In my search of answers I came to bettermost and after reading a post from Richard I started a blog 10 days later entitled "Me too"

> Bless your heart ZK.
> Boy, are we two peas in a pod or what?
> I really do wish we were closer. Our situation is pretty darn identical.
> I sure wish you the best and I'm here if you need to talk.
> There are great people here that want to and will help you.
> I'm a mess right now but sometimes it helps to help others.
> Let me know if I can do anything.

This reply came from Richard and was the begining of a friendship that would cross the oceans and time zones.  We quickly became close friends, later he began to call me his twin. In time our daughters became penpals

In February 2009 I crossed the Pacific with my first stop being with Richard and Gene in Georgia. They took me into their home and I have treasured memories of the time spent with them and the boys. 

Being across the other side of the world, where time and distance can put restraints on things, we still kept the bonds of friendship strong through emails back and forth

My life will continue to change, and as those changes occur I will keep in mind the man who played such a pivotal role in my life, who helped me find myself and encouraged me to get where I am today, and  gives me the courage to continue to move forward

Thank you for everything you have done, and your memory will continue to do.

Love you mate

Your twin

Matthew

Matt, that's a beautiful tribute both to Rich and to yourself for having the courage to make a change.  All the best to you going forward, friend.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #533 on: August 05, 2010, 05:04:03 pm »
A big group hug to you all.

xx

I second that emotion!   
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #534 on: August 05, 2010, 08:50:16 pm »
Another update - Chuck, Paul, and I are all in Atlanta with Wayne.

thinking about you guys

A big hug to you all

Glad to hear that you arrived safe and sound.

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #535 on: August 05, 2010, 08:54:07 pm »
Oh, thank you so much  :-*

Little did I know back in April 2007 that a simple trip to the video store to hire a DVD would change every aspect of my life. Watching "our film" began a time of questioning who I was or more accurately who I wasn't and although being married and with a daughter it was a time I felt utterly alone.

In my search of answers I came to bettermost and after reading a post from Richard I started a blog 10 days later entitled "Me too"

> Bless your heart ZK.
> Boy, are we two peas in a pod or what?
> I really do wish we were closer. Our situation is pretty darn identical.
> I sure wish you the best and I'm here if you need to talk.
> There are great people here that want to and will help you.
> I'm a mess right now but sometimes it helps to help others.
> Let me know if I can do anything.

This reply came from Richard and was the begining of a friendship that would cross the oceans and time zones.  We quickly became close friends, later he began to call me his twin. In time our daughters became penpals

In February 2009 I crossed the Pacific with my first stop being with Richard and Gene in Georgia. They took me into their home and I have treasured memories of the time spent with them and the boys. 

Being across the other side of the world, where time and distance can put restraints on things, we still kept the bonds of friendship strong through emails back and forth

My life will continue to change, and as those changes occur I will keep in mind the man who played such a pivotal role in my life, who helped me find myself and encouraged me to get where I am today, and  gives me the courage to continue to move forward

Thank you for everything you have done, and your memory will continue to do.

Love you mate

Your twin

Matthew

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #536 on: August 05, 2010, 10:29:11 pm »
Truman and Jack spent much of the day with Gene and children. Now they have met up with us and we are all safely at Wayne's house. Judy is still on the road from Dallas.

Thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers. This is hard, and we've barely begun. :/
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #537 on: August 05, 2010, 11:22:06 pm »
Friends, I would like to ask for you to open your hearts, and I know you all have for the past week but this time for others.

The driver of the vehicle Rich fell off of, the friends that invited them to the event, are devastated with pain and regret. Please send them healing energy as well, they could very much use it.

Words cannot adequately begin to describe what this day had been like. I sit here and so many things come to me. It was very much the intersection of many things.

I have this day held in my arms Gene, Marcia and Elizabeth, and Andrew and met his brothers. Bless them all.

Gene has been here and has read your comments and sends his appreciation.

Thank you Jack for making this trip with me, it had made it bearable. It was good to laugh, it was good to compare notes. It was good.

There will be more.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #538 on: August 05, 2010, 11:26:09 pm »
Glad y'all are here.
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #539 on: August 05, 2010, 11:36:25 pm »
I had wondered about the driver, Truman. That would be a terrible feeling. Added them to my prayer list.

Sounds like you all have comforted and been comforted. There's a measure of consolation in just being together. We are all glad that you guys are there.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~