Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263412 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #550 on: August 06, 2010, 11:23:41 am »
I will keep everyone involved in my thoughts. I too struggle to come on here. I used to be up and posting with the lark, now I have to psyche myself up.
Please God you have all some joyful moments, remembering precious times as well as the inevitable pain of loss.

I send my love to you all. I hate the helplessness of the way I feel.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #551 on: August 06, 2010, 02:05:24 pm »
Friends, I would like to ask for you to open your hearts, and I know you all have for the past week but this time for others.
The driver of the vehicle Rich fell off of, the friends that invited them to the event, are devastated with pain and regret. Please send them healing energy as well, they could very much use it.
Words cannot adequately begin to describe what this day had been like. I sit here and so many things come to me. It was very much the intersection of many things.
I have this day held in my arms Gene, Marcia and Elizabeth, and Andrew and met his brothers. Bless them all.
Gene has been here and has read your comments and sends his appreciation.
Thank you Jack for making this trip with me, it had made it bearable. It was good to laugh, it was good to compare notes. It was good.
There will be more.

Those poor people.  I don't know the details (the driver and the friends? or the driver is one of the friends?)  But anyway all I can say is... those poor people.  Richard is at peace.  They will struggle the rest of their lives for peace.  An honest mistake is just that.  From the details given, it doesn't even seem like a mistake so much as a random accident.  Since Richard rode horses (sometimes breaking in new ones) and worked with heavy machinery, no one would think the conditions he was in that day were particularly dangerous.  It's just a random, sad thing.  But their hearts must break whenever they look at Biz, Gene, or any other of Rich's family.

Yes, sending thoughts of peace for them.

Thank you for all your accounts, Truman.   :-*

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #552 on: August 06, 2010, 03:28:06 pm »
What Laura said....

I don't know the details.  Maybe it's too soon or too painful to reveal them, maybe it's none of our business, I don't know, but I certainly can understand any and all actions or inactions that come after losing a loved one so dear.

The way I've pictured it for the last week is that he fell off a beautiful horse that he was trying to break, and hearing Gene say the sweet words "thought you said that mare couldn't throw you" at his hospital bedside, and Rich laughing with his reply "well, she got lucky".  I was pretty content, picturing this beautiful man's demise, if he had to go, coming in that way.

Damn, here come those tears again...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #553 on: August 06, 2010, 07:07:02 pm »
I never got the chance to meet Rich, and I didn't know about his blog until a couple of days ago. So I read the thread and I couldn't stop, it was so beautiful, and loving. What a great friend! You guys were lucky to have met him.
One thing stuck me very much was that Rich mentioned he had been to Chimney Rock (Elk penis) with his parents as a child, had such a good happy memories from that time.   

A month ago Monika and I was there...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #554 on: August 06, 2010, 07:46:21 pm »
My friends,

First let me apologize that my report that I want to be be long a verbose are not, but we are still riding this thing as long as we can.

Now, the important thing and let me say this loud and clear:

GET YOUR AFFAIRS IN ORDER ! DO IT NOW, DO NOT DELAY AND DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!

Is you are a gay or a single person especially make certain you have a living will for your partner or some one you trust to make medical decisions for you. If you have someone you mean to take care of, have a will, prepared by a lawyer, and have it in a safe place.

If you are an unmarried couple of any persuasion, you MUST educate yourself to the laws of your land and you MUST perpare yourself and your family for what WILL happen.

Nothing in this post should be construed as a cause of concern for for out current reason for mourning, but what we have seen the past few days, we have heard about and now it is very real.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #555 on: August 06, 2010, 10:20:20 pm »
I would agree with that, Tru.  Even a single girl like me still has a house and car and property that's all paid for, and many things in this house, that if I was to die, I would want to go to a certain someone.  If this tragic accident has taught me anything, it did teach me to start writing out a will on notebook paper, to submit to a lawyer and put on record.

It's very sad, but completely understandable, that us healthy folks in our young years, don't think it's necessary.

But the experience that Gene is going through right now, as well as the rest of Rich's family, gives us all most definitely a lesson to be learned from this tragedy.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #556 on: August 07, 2010, 07:22:35 am »
It's Saturday. My thoughts and my soul are in Georgia today. The tears just won't stop.
When this is already so hard on me, how unbearable this day must be for Gene, Elisabeth, the boys, all of Rich's loved ones. Tru, Chuck, Paul, Lynne, Jack, Judy, Wayne.
O my god, how I wish I could make it different. I know we all do.
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #557 on: August 07, 2010, 09:31:55 am »
Chrissi, I am sitting here in the floor drinking coffee with Jack Paul and Wayne with Lynne in the shower. It is going to be a beautiful day here, hot, but beautiful. I will be thinking of you too, and you are right, we all wish we could make a difference.

We can't, so we are gong to stand it. And we will stand it together.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #558 on: August 07, 2010, 09:42:25 am »
We are with you friend.  :-*
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #559 on: August 07, 2010, 09:42:39 am »
Thank you for your words Tru. I don't know why, but picturing you all together drinking coffee, with Lynne in the shower, is a comforting picture.
Yes, we are going to stand this together.