Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263308 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #610 on: August 07, 2010, 09:37:55 pm »
Gene and Elizabeth after the service.

{{{{{{{GENE♥ELIZABETH}}}}}}}

Thank you for the pictures and the words, Truman.

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

"This world is a better place because Richard Wilson lived in it. His life is a testament to truth, and love, and right. It will continue to be a better place because we are going to continue to make it so."   :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #611 on: August 07, 2010, 09:49:54 pm »
Thanks for the pictures, Truman.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline SuperDistortion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #612 on: August 07, 2010, 10:05:37 pm »
Thanks for the pictures, Truman, and that video was beautiful, Eric.  The inscription on the urn got me good.

Love you all.

Ronny
"Really, it's not mine..."   --- Austin Powers

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #613 on: August 07, 2010, 10:54:46 pm »
Oh, gosh... beautiful, moving video and great photos... he was so loved! ... what a fortunate man he was.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #614 on: August 07, 2010, 11:05:00 pm »

Eric's video is amazing. AMAZING. No words needed.

Elizabeth: omg, what a beautiful girl! And such kind eyes.

Rich's mom. Again, no words needed. (Poor Lynne, your face, your eyes.)

And Delilah.

And Gene with Elizabeth at the piano.

Thank you again for sharing these heartbreaking, wonderful images, all tumbled in one's head. The people at the service. The inscription on the plaque. Kenny Chesney (that's a song I'll remember, now, till--ever, I guess).

I've only MET Rich, in person, a couple of times during that fun-filled February more than two years ago. A couple of PMs since. A thoughtful Christmas Card from Rich last December.

Amazing really--how does one ever know--does one ever think--when you see some one--that the last time you see someone might be the last  time, ever?

Anyway, thanks again for Representin' us Away People (as if you didn't have a lot on your minds). Travel safely home. Hope to see you all soon in NY, in September.

xxxx
John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #615 on: August 07, 2010, 11:05:42 pm »
Good work was done today by everyone the world over, because we were standing in witness to love. Ellemeno in Tennessee was at a wedding, the people all over were with us. Eric posted a beautiful video, Messages the world over were read. In one small town in Georgia the people witnesses love.

This was more than saying good bye to Rich, because of the way the world has been it was also an opportunity to educate and to learn. There were people in a small southern town witnessed the love of two men for each other, witness the love of their children for them, witnessed the love of their friends and coworkers and neighbors, and not one disparaging word was said, no one appeared to be any more uncomfortable than the sad occasion. I would say there was at least 200 people there. The hard work of Gene and his family and friends paid off handsomely. He would be so proud of them.

This world is a better place because Richard Wilson lived in it. His life is a testament to truth, and love, and right. It will continue to be a better place because we are going to continue to make it so.

Thank you, Truman.  And so may it be. ♥
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #616 on: August 08, 2010, 01:44:41 am »
Thank you for posting those pictures Truman. They really hit home though. Part of me didn't believe Rich was really gone. And those pictures finally dispelled any doubts I had. Denial is a river in Egypt I guess, and well....

:'( :'(

My mind has been on Richard all day today. All week really. And on poor Gene and Elizabeth. I remember when Mom died. I kept very busy before the funeral - making plans at the funeral home for the visitation, at the church for her funeral mass, picking out her coffin, the obituary, and people were constantly stopping by the house to pay their condolences. But after the funeral, that was when it got very difficult for me. And for Dad. That was when the finality of it all really registered. When the people stopped coming, when the phone calls stopped....

I fear this is what Gene and Elizabeth are about to face, now that the memorial service is over. It is right after when things seem the most difficult. At least that is how it was for me.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #617 on: August 08, 2010, 01:59:38 am »
Hey y'all, it's wdj on paulie's acct, love you, so glad we are sharing this strange world together. it was an intensely emotional day, very touched by how Rich and Gene brought some very diverse communities together. So very sad, but something beautiful around us. thank you all for letting me be part of your lives.

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #618 on: August 08, 2010, 03:16:08 am »
This world is a better place because Richard Wilson lived in it. His life is a testament to truth, and love, and right. It will continue to be a better place because we are going to continue to make it so.

Hey y'all, it's wdj on paulie's acct, love you, so glad we are sharing this strange world together. it was an intensely emotional day, very touched by how Rich and Gene brought some very diverse communities together. So very sad, but something beautiful around us. thank you all for letting me be part of your lives.
BbM, I swear

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #619 on: August 08, 2010, 03:59:09 am »
Good work was done today by everyone the world over, because we were standing in witness to love. Ellemeno in Tennessee was at a wedding, the people all over were with us. Eric posted a beautiful video, Messages the world over were read. In one small town in Georgia the people witnesses love.

This was more than saying good bye to Rich, because of the way the world has been it was also an opportunity to educate and to learn. There were people in a small southern town witnessed the love of two men for each other, witness the love of their children for them, witnessed the love of their friends and coworkers and neighbors, and not one disparaging word was said, no one appeared to be any more uncomfortable than the sad occasion. I would say there was at least 200 people there. The hard work of Gene and his family and friends paid off handsomely. He would be so proud of them.

Thank you.