Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263389 times)

Offline bailey1205

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #640 on: August 08, 2010, 06:05:59 pm »
Shasta - we don't know details about that picture. It was in the slideshow shown at the Memorial. It is beautiful, isn't it?

Eric - I watched your video last night, and it was both lovely and heart-wrenching. Thank you for doing that.

Lynne

I believe it was taken on a trip he took to Sacramento to visit a friend in the fall of 2007.
I remember him texting the picture to me at the time.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #641 on: August 08, 2010, 06:12:15 pm »

Truman:
     Thanks so much for those pictures for those of us that could not be there.  Especially
the one of ((((Elizabeth and Gene))))   he would have loved that picture so much.  I will
treasure it always.  I loved her bare feet.

Beautiful mind

Offline bizzysmom

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #642 on: August 08, 2010, 07:30:37 pm »
I'm not sure why but after one week (of many more to come) of mourning Richard, I found myself reading posts on your web site. I haven't been to this web site in well over a year, probably closer to 2 years but for some reason this afternoon, it dawned on me to read more about Richard.   I'm not sure that I am welcome here but there is a big hole in my heart and reading some of your posts just makes me feel better.  Then I read the posts about my daughter and some even mentioned me.  After not crying for 24 hours, I found tears in my eyes again.  I have known Richard for 20 years and during those years, I think I have had every title in the book.  But in the end, we were best friends again and were raising a beautiful daughter.  I know that she was his light and for any that have met her, she has a heart as big as her dads.  I am heart broken over the loss of my best friend but my heart just aches for Elizabeth.  I know he loved (and still does) Gene and the boys and I hurt for them too.  Together, we are all pulling together to laugh, cry and heal.  We are now family which is what he wanted.   I had the pleasure of meeting some of the names I have heard for years this weekend.  I'm so sorry that we had to meet this way but in a small way, I can hear Richard saying "told ya so".  I don't want to post much here because this was Richards home but you all touhed my heart so much that I had to register and tell you so myself.  Richard taught me to say it when I felt it so that is what I am doing.  He left this world knowing I loved him very much - he was surrounded by wonderful friends and family who cared deeply for him.   He is missed so much more then words can say -
Thank you all very much for supporting him in his time of need,
Marcia (Elizabeths mom)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #643 on: August 08, 2010, 07:34:02 pm »
We welcome your presence here, Marcia. Come join us in mourning and celebrating the life of our mutual friend.  :-*
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Wayne

« Reply #644 on: August 08, 2010, 07:48:51 pm »
We are now family which is what he wanted.
Love to you Marcia, I'm so glad you're here. Rich and Elizabeth are a blessing for so many people.
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #645 on: August 08, 2010, 08:13:44 pm »
I'm not sure why but after one week (of many more to come) of mourning Richard, I found myself reading posts on your web site. I haven't been to this web site in well over a year, probably closer to 2 years but for some reason this afternoon, it dawned on me to read more about Richard.   I'm not sure that I am welcome here but there is a big hole in my heart and reading some of your posts just makes me feel better.  Then I read the posts about my daughter and some even mentioned me.  After not crying for 24 hours, I found tears in my eyes again.  I have known Richard for 20 years and during those years, I think I have had every title in the book.  But in the end, we were best friends again and were raising a beautiful daughter.  I know that she was his light and for any that have met her, she has a heart as big as her dads.  I am heart broken over the loss of my best friend but my heart just aches for Elizabeth.  I know he loved (and still does) Gene and the boys and I hurt for them too.  Together, we are all pulling together to laugh, cry and heal.  We are now family which is what he wanted.   I had the pleasure of meeting some of the names I have heard for years this weekend.  I'm so sorry that we had to meet this way but in a small way, I can hear Richard saying "told ya so".  I don't want to post much here because this was Richards home but you all touhed my heart so much that I had to register and tell you so myself.  Richard taught me to say it when I felt it so that is what I am doing.  He left this world knowing I loved him very much - he was surrounded by wonderful friends and family who cared deeply for him.   He is missed so much more then words can say -
Thank you all very much for supporting him in his time of need,
Marcia (Elizabeths mom)

Marcia, bless your heart.

(((Hugs)))

Offline Andrew

« Reply #646 on: August 08, 2010, 08:58:17 pm »
Marcia, it is so wonderful to have you post here.  This has been a week for tears and coming together for many people.  I am glad so many of my friends from this forum were able to travel and meet you and the rest of Richard's family this weekend.  He will always have a big place here where he was so tremendously loved - what he wrote and said to people will always be treasured.  It's an honor to have you come by. 

Andrew

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #647 on: August 08, 2010, 08:59:54 pm »
Welcome to BetterMost, Marcia.

I'm glad to see you here.  It was great to meet you, and Bizzy is going to grow into a beautiful woman. 

I'm keeping her (and you) in my thoughts.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #648 on: August 08, 2010, 09:14:09 pm »
In regards to the "Aunt Chuck"......  :laugh:

Gene had made the comment in passing as a joke, and the boys thought it was hysterical.  I heard about it from Truman after I had arrived in Georgia.  I sent Gene a text that simply said "Aunt Chuck?!?!"

Suddenly my phone was flooded with texts from the boys an their friend Mitch all saying "We love Aunt Chuck!"

So I guess now I am officially Aunt Chuck.

:laugh:

But let's get something straight here!  Only the boys (and Bizzy if she chooses) can get away with this.   ;)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #649 on: August 08, 2010, 09:41:01 pm »
In regards to the "Aunt Chuck"......  :laugh:

But let's get something straight here!  Only the boys (and Bizzy if she chooses) can get away with this.   ;)

That's a very wise rule you've laid down Chuck.  You'd never hear the end of it otherwise!  ;D

Glad you're back safe.  ((((Chuck))))
Ich bin ein Brokie...