Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263328 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #700 on: August 13, 2010, 04:21:45 am »
Thanks for letting us know Marcia!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #701 on: August 13, 2010, 05:58:42 am »
On the 2nd day, there was a little jealousy over a friend and she told me she heard her dad whisper in her ear "don't let it get to you" so she got up and went and sat with another friend.  Her dad is still beside her guiding her through her day.

;D

yeah, that's Rich alright!

Marcia, thanks for putting your difficult time aside and making time for us and giving us updates on Elizabeth.  It's very appreciated.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #702 on: August 13, 2010, 12:33:56 pm »
I need to catch up on the thread since I have not had enough time in the past few days to read the new posts. It has been what you would call a hectic week. There have been little things that have happened that reminded me of Rich. It still doesn't quite seem real to me even though I was at the service and even spoke. Now Rich I will say that you are one of the very, very, very few people that would get me up in front of a large group of people to say anything. However, you are completely and totally worth a few minutes of extreme nervousness on my part :-) Another thing I have noticed is that I seem to be paying more attention to the sky. I do see an extremely bright star up there that reminds me of you. The day before yesterday I received my Leanin' Tree Christmas cards catalog in the mail. For those of you who don't know, that is where Rich ordered his great cowboy Christmas cards like the one he sent many of us last year.....The Cowboy's Prayer. I had asked him where he got his cards and Leanin' Tree was the place.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #703 on: August 13, 2010, 02:38:15 pm »
Thanks for the story Marcia. Wishing all the best for you, Elizabeth, Gene, the boys, and Mi-Mi.   :-*
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #704 on: August 13, 2010, 09:38:24 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Since you all know Elizabeth (Bizzy) so well, I wanted to update you.  She started school this week and is loving it (it's only been 4 days).  On the 2nd day, there was a little jealousy over a friend and she told me she heard her dad whisper in her ear "don't let it get to you" so she got up and went and sat with another friend.  Her dad is still beside her guiding her through her day.

Bizzy is still handling this through laughter and humor.  That is how she chooses to remember her dad.  I'm following her lead but break down once she goes to bed.  She is my rock and a very strong little girl.  Richard and I both agreed we did something right in this world to have a daughter this wonderful.  I see that more and more every day.   I am so blessed and proud to be her mom

It's getting late and I don't sleep well right now but I wanted to update you on the status of Biz since she is part of your lives too.

Marcia

Marcia,

Thanks for the update about Bizzy. I am really glad to hear that she is still handling the situation so well. I think that she gets a lot of being strong for others from Richard. Even when Richard was the most confused he was always there to help others through their confusion. He helped me through a very confusing part of my life and I keep hearing about others who he also helped. I'm sure that she also gets a lot of being strong from you as well. I agree that you and Richard did do something wonderful by having such an incredible daughter. I am very glad that you decided to come here and share your thoughts and feelings. I truly think that Richard would think and is thinking that it is wonderful that you decided to come here and continue friendships that were very important to him. I am very glad that I got to meet you and I hope we can continue our friendship.

Jack

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #705 on: August 14, 2010, 11:50:09 am »

Chuck, Paul, Truman, Wayne and Lynne.

This was Thursday night when we all arrived. Chuck flew in from New Jersey, Lynne and Paul flew in from Boston, and Truman and I arrived by car thanks to Truman's excellent driving ability. Wayne and Cliff (not pictured) let us stay at their house for Rich's service. Truman and I actually arrived after everyone had eaten even though Lynne gave us her salad. That was after we ate lots of pizza at Gene's house. Truman and I went up to Dawsonville and spent several hours with Gene when we first arrived in Georgia. We also met the boys, Elizabeth, and Marcia. Gene was gracious enough to invite us for dinner and even offered us a place to stay for the night. Gene is an incredibly nice person and I will always be glad that Rich found him. Rich deserved someone special and he certainly found that in Gene.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #706 on: August 14, 2010, 11:57:07 am »

The group again although this time I am in the picture too. From left to right.....Judy, Paul, Jack (Me), Lynne, Wayne, and Truman. I think that is Cliff who has the camera on top of Wayne's head.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #707 on: August 14, 2010, 12:01:57 pm »

Lynne shows Chuck what to do with biscuits and gravy.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #708 on: August 14, 2010, 12:38:42 pm »
Does anyone else feel like this has been the longest two weeks in history?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #709 on: August 15, 2010, 11:42:04 pm »
Yes, Mandy, a long two weeks...surreal.

Marcia - thank you very much for checking in here and posting about how you and Elizabeth are getting by. I appreciate both the chance to get to know you and to keep up with her. I think Rich would have appreciated that.

I know it has been said before, but y'all are family too.

If you're interested, let me or David In Indy know, and we can set you up with your own private blog, as opposed to this single thread - maybe a place of your own to talk about how things are going, post your own pictures, whatever you want?  I know it helps me to write about my own life, just to clarify my thoughts.

It would be our pleasure.

Everybody else - Paul and I are going to try to get copies of the memorial service program mailed out early this week. If you haven't PM'd me your snail mail address and you would like one, please do so ASAP.

Love,
Lynne
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 09:16:18 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."