Author Topic: A Celebration of Rich: Tributes  (Read 242424 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: A Celebration of Rich: Tributes
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2010, 12:52:57 am »
I'm very glad you're here, Friend of my Friend.

Like Lynne and Chuck said, Gene, I'm glad you're here.  Thanks so much for that beautiful first post.

Meryl
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2010, 02:21:04 am »
Gene, I'm glad you found your way here. Thank you for sharing your letter, it was moving to read it.

If there is anything I can do to help you to find your way around the site, please PM me, or any other mod of course.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2010, 05:35:05 am »
Gene,

I echo what everyone else has said hun.

xx
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2010, 07:18:19 am »
Gene, I'm so touched and thrilled by your post.  Thank you so much for coming here, and for sharing that with us.

Wow...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2010, 07:25:39 am »
This was the 1st letter I ever wrote to my beloved Rich (loneleeb3)
            September 11th , 2008

Rich, There is something I want to tell you but, have not been able to find the words in my head to make it sound right. So I thought I would sit down and just right about what I am feeling in my heart rather then in my head. See I had reached a point in my life where I felt falling in Love was a thing of the past for me. There were nice people, it’s true but no more magic, no more being swept off my feet.  Then right about the time I was ready to close that chapter of my life you walked in, and every thing changed. Suddenly, I find myself smiling almost all the time.  The more I learn about you, the more
astounded I feel at just how perfect you seem for me. There is no escaping the fact that what is happening between us is meant to be. I can’t deny that every time you hold me in your arms I begin to think that maybe life has saved the very best for last. I am not trying to tell you that I am madly in love with you because, I know that takes time. However what I am trying to tell you is that I am falling in love with you a little bit more each day, and for the first time in a long time I am looking forward to tomorrow and the days to follow. 
Gene

Gene:

I know you don't even know me.  I was unable to go to the service you had for our
beloved Rich.  I am so glad to see you here however.  I talked to him from the first
moment he came here.  He was so undecided and did not know what to do at all.
He was so unhappy and fearful.  But day by day he made his choices.  He met more'
and more people here on line.  He was so easy to know, and so warm and receptive.
I am sure I am telling you what you know more than any of us, but I was just telling you the kind of person we saw too. 
   Then little at a time he made those moves and grew to accept himself as what he
really was, then he met you.  He blossomed like the beautiful flower that he was.  Love is like that when you feel it.  It not only makes you feel better, but the ones you
love, and all those around you.  You gave him exactly what he needed from the first
day he came here.  I know that you had a very short time together, but I know it
was universally given and you both gained so very much for it.   I know you don't know me although  I wish I had gotten the chance to meet you, but it was not to be.  I will say Rich called me mama, and I called him son, you can too if you like.  If not you can just say Janice. 
   If you ever need anyone to talk to, or lay a burden on, I am here for you.  I
would love to have you to talk to as I did him..
    Mama janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2010, 07:54:48 am »
Can't figure out who made me cry harder this morning -- Gene or Janice.

Both of your heartfelt sentiments give me so much hope for the future, believing in love and kindness and friendship.  It's lovely.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2010, 10:33:58 am »
Hey Gene,

So glad you made it here.  You already know we're all crazy about Rich too.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful letter. 

You're an honorary Brokie.

Paul

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2010, 10:40:19 am »
Hi, Gene, this is Lee. I'm so glad you and Rich found each other before it was too late. Your letter breaks my heart, but thank you for sharing it anyway. I hope you will find a happy home here on BetterMost where you can enjoy the memory of Rich with us all the time.  :-*
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2010, 10:49:01 am »
Hey Gene, I am glad you made it here too.

It has been a very overwhelming time these past four months. I know Rich would be proud of you the way you handled things and will continue to do so.  He was happy with you, he was in a good place and I am so glad the two of you had that.

I pray for you to have the strength and the perspective to find now what is real. Separate from it what Rich used to call "Manufactured Drama". This world is a better place for his having lived in it, and nothing can take that away. As I see it, in his seperate and unequal journey he had two things that brought him joy, his daughter and you.

The rest of us got to bask in the light of that joy, and it was glorious.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Richards Jack

• Don't Say Much
  • I will always love you Rich
    • A love that will never die
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2010, 05:44:11 pm »
Well thank you to Mama, and every one else on here for making me feel welcomed. I must say that it is a little strange being on here for me, because I know this was always Rich's little part of the world. I knew the the 1st week I met Rich about this site and his journals, and at one point he wanted me to come on here , but I always thought it was best to let him have a place of his own to go to and be with people he loved and cared about so he could write freely what was on his mind and get some feed back from all of you. I must, however say that being here now feels really good. I love being able to see Rich's writings, and I swear I can hear his voice as I read them and I have already read everyone of them twice since last night. I was so upset when his face book account went missing and I had no were else to leave him little mesages, but know I have this and it feels good. I knew my whole time with Rich that I was in the middle of a wonderful love story but, I really never knew how truly moving of a story I was in and still am in until I saw his life both with and with out me threw his eyes, and in his own words.  I am truly one Lucky cowboy to have had him in my life.
 I do miss Rich terrably, and I have not had one day were I do not cry. Some days are better then others , but there are always buckets of tears lol. I have, do , and always will love that man so much . There is no doubt in my mind that he was my soul mate and I shall never be the same until we are together again. No matter how many years I must wait. I must tell all of you that I knew everyday how much Rich loved me (He also we call and tell me like a dozen times a day) it showed in every way imaginable, but since his death the amount of love and the power of his love are just so over whelming at times I know that he is always with me. Well i will finish for know as I much go start dinner and feed the horses. Thanks again every one and Hugs
Ps.  I love you Rich Love  :-*
Richard fate had a different plan for us
And wrenched us apart too soon
No matter where this life leads me
Know that I will never quit you.

Loving you showed me my life and its lack
To your Ennis, I will always be your Jack.