Author Topic: A Celebration of Rich: Tributes  (Read 242337 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: A Celebration of Rich: Tributes
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2010, 12:33:59 am »
That was the time he came up here and we went up to Christiansburg and went all around where his family was from and where he was born and came back and ate supper at a Mexican resturant and then we watched Delores Claiborn and consumed adult beverages. Lawd I had forgot allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll about leaving that message, that is funny as hell!

Thank you and yes, do save that somehow. Call your cell phone provider.

I have this collection of old cell phones and I charged one up recently to get a number off of it and I looked at the text messages still on them and there was one or more from Rich and this one in particular, so typical for him, just an out of the blue message "I love you and I am so thankful your in my life."

That was my brother. I am so thankful for the three years of our acquaintance.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2010, 07:19:56 am »
Those saved messages are precious, I'm happy for you that you have them. :)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2010, 09:10:37 am »
as am I.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2011, 10:06:24 pm »
Today I feel the need to remember and celebrate Rich and Gene as a couple.

They truly loved each other.

Here is the first time that Rich told his BetterMost family about Gene.

So, here I am at this point in the road.  There is something that has been going on in my life but I haven't really discussed it here.  I think it's time to do that.  Not because I am narcissistic or want to put every detail of my life out in the public forum.  It's because you all have been such a part of my life for the past two years!  Lord, can you believe two years have come and gone?  It's flown by since those early days I felt so lost and alone and came here looking for others who were as impacted as myself by Ennis and Jack.  Y'all have lifted me up when I was down, calmed my fears when I was scared, gave me courage and gave me strength when I was weak.  Y'all, my friends, have been here through some of the darkest days of my life and helped me through.  I will be eternally grateful for the compassion and kindness that has been shown to me by this loving family called Bettermost.

It seems as if my story is coming full circle.  I came here lonlee and afraid, hence my name.  I was convinced that I was going to wind up in trailer 17 to live out my final days.  Alone, afraid, bitter and filled with regret.  Well, it appears that will not be the case.

I have met someone that I am sharing my life with and hope to share the rest of my life with.  His name is Gene and he's wonderful.  he is a father too with 4 boys that he has raised on his own.  He is retired military and a gifted horse trainer.  He has met Elizabeth and loves her to death.  Elizabeth loves him and his boys.  We have a blast together.

Gene and I met through a mutual friend last July.  When I heard about him I was intrigued but when I saw him I was more than intrigued! LOL  After we went out a few times and had countless talks on the phone I went to meet his boys.  His oldest is 17, then 15 and he has twins who are 13 almost 14.  They were great.  I have to say, these boys have been through alot.  There mother was abusive and neglectful.  She walked out on Gene when the twins were two months old.  Then came back a few years later and fought for custody and won.  It is so hard for a single man to get custody of his children much less a single gay man and that was played out a lot in the court room.  Texas is not a very tolerent state at times.  However, three years later he went back into that same court room and won them back.

He has done a fantastic job as a father.  All the boys are in the A B honor  except one and he is in the A honor roll.
All the boys are involved in sports.  The one that is in the A honor roll plays Football (he was the quarterback and took his team to the state playoffs) wrestles,plays baseball and is on swimteam, the others play hockey, wrestle and swim.

I was a bit hesitant at first.  i wasn't sure about the whole relationship thing and If I was ready.  We talked about it and he was very patient.  He knew what I was going through and gave me space but told me that he wasn't going to sit by forever.  He didn't have to.  When I thought I might lose him thats when I knew for sure what I wanted.
So, we have been sharing a home together since January.  He has met my Mom and my step mom.  He was there for me after my dad passed and has been a big help at the farm and with the horses.

We still have hurdles to get over and challenges ahead.  He is in a different place than I am.  I am still in the process of coming out I guess.  Thankfully he is a patient man and he loves me and is just there for me.

So, there it is! No trailer 17 for this cowboy! LOL  I'm attaching a pic of him and 3 of the boys.  I asked and he was fine with it. :laugh:  So, thats where I am at this point in the road.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2011, 10:12:48 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2011, 10:14:36 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2011, 10:16:52 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2011, 10:18:56 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2011, 10:20:05 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2011, 10:21:38 pm »