Author Topic: A Celebration of Rich: Tributes  (Read 242473 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: A Celebration of Rich: Tributes
« Reply #180 on: July 30, 2012, 10:04:10 am »
Yes, Chrissi you are so right, I have been thinking about the anniversary of his passing more and more as it approaches. Summer is always such a busy time at work and so many things are flying about me, but I feel like he is standing there, amidst the noise and haste, like the first time I saw him at gate T3 at the Atlanta Airport, waiting with a smile.

I will wear the shirt he gave me that day, because shirts are part of our practice.  ;D. Bless Bizzy and Gene, and the now Men who are his sons, bless the family of his birth, all of them, bless all who loved him. That's a lot of people.

Things will never be the same, but they are better. Better because Richard Wilson lived in this world.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S5V-Y53ad4[/youtube]
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #181 on: July 30, 2012, 11:57:23 am »
Can't tell y'all how many times I've shot myself in the foot over these last two years, for never having met this wonderful man in person.   :'(
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2012, 12:44:51 pm »
Beautiful, Truman. 

Speaking of shirts, I gave Rich this shirt at Don Wroe 2:

Miss you, little brother.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2012, 04:43:09 pm »
It would be lovely to know how Bizzie is getting on..
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline bizzysmom

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2012, 08:20:56 pm »
Hi Everyone,

A friend told me I should log on to see the posts about Richard (Rich as you know him :) ).  I haven't been on here in over a year but I did want to update you on Elizabeth/Bizzy since many of you have met her or know about her through her dad.  She is doing great-she is a very strong girl.  She is growing up to be a beautiful little girl.  She always was but she gets more beautiful every day.  She is now 14 and is getting ready to start high school in a week.  It's hard to beleive this little premature baby is starting high school but it's true.  She misses her dad so much it hurts.   We both do!  We talk about him every day, we look at pictures or watch our home videos where he talks ALL the way through them.  It used to drive us crazy but now I know there was a reason.  We will always be able to hear his voice and she can hear him talking to her. 

She stays in contact with Gene's sons/her brothers.  They all live in Texas now but she gets to talk to them whenever she wants.   

She is in to boys now - something her dad would hate!  And as you can see, she doesn't have to try hard to be noticed.  :)

I hope you are all doing well-

Marcia

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2012, 08:33:58 pm »
Lovely, Marcia.  Thank you for stopping by and sharing some of your  thoughts during this difficult time of remembrance.

Prayers and hugs,
A Friend
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #186 on: July 30, 2012, 09:37:43 pm »
         You are missed every day my dear sweet adoptive son.  I think of you often, and when I do I both smile, and sigh.  I am
sitting here, trying to stay dry eyed.  Love you all the time, forever. 
          Wonder all the time how your precious daughter is doing after you are no longer around to give your sweet love and guidence to her.

Thank you so much Marcia, for giving us the picture of your beautiful daughter.  She has truly turned out to be a stunner.  But then we knew that she would.  As for her and boys..well its a part of growing up.  I know that it is a normal thing.  It is just better when they are not easily buffaloed by guys who wish to do a lot of smoke blowing.. From what I have always heard about her, and the ability to speak to the boys, that should keep her feet on the ground.  Good to hear also, that she is still in contact with her brothers.  At least she didn't lose them..

I hope you are doing well also.  I know it is very hard, to lose someone you are so dearly connected to.  I hope you can get passed this horrible thing, in time.  I know you are a strong and self reliant person, and will indeed blossom.

All my best to you both.  (Mama)  Janice

Beautiful mind

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2012, 09:38:30 pm »
Thank you, Marcia, for the kind update.  

Elizabeth sure is a stunner.  Beautiful inside and out.  Rich would be so proud!

So glad she stays in touch with her brothers.

Best to you,

Paul

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2012, 05:39:01 am »
Thank you, Marcia, for giving us an update on Bizzy. What a beautiful young woman she has become. I'm glad to hear she's doing well and still in touch with her brothers.
Starting high school - what an exciting new experience. May she thrive in it, all my best wishes are with her.

I keep you both,  and all people whose lives were touched by Rich's, in my thoughts on this day.
Chrissi

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2012, 05:47:21 am »
Yes, Chrissi you are so right, I have been thinking about the anniversary of his passing more and more as it approaches. Summer is always such a busy time at work and so many things are flying about me, but I feel like he is standing there, amidst the noise and haste, like the first time I saw him at gate T3 at the Atlanta Airport, waiting with a smile.

I will wear the shirt he gave me that day, because shirts are part of our practice.  ;D. Bless Bizzy and Gene, and the now Men who are his sons, bless the family of his birth, all of them, bless all who loved him. That's a lot of people.

Things will never be the same, but they are better. Better because Richard Wilson lived in this world.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S5V-Y53ad4[/youtube]

:) Smiling because you're right. We we all blessed to have known Rich, no matter to what degree.
 :'( Fighting down a lump in my throat at the same time, thinking about a life cut much, much too short.
 :-* Sending love to you.
(((Tru)))