Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5489897 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
"I" is increment
« Reply #18750 on: January 10, 2009, 12:00:20 am »
A few years into her marriage with Ennis, Alma made an increment to the family funds by taking a job at Monroe's grocery.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"L" is low-budget
« Reply #18751 on: January 10, 2009, 01:44:25 am »
An excerpt from a letter written by Diana Ossana in response to an Advocate.com exclusive commentary:

"This was a low-budget film. We worked 16-hour days, often seven days a week, while in production. More than 80% of our story takes place outside, and the weather in Alberta tends to the extreme year-round."

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"M" is minute
« Reply #18752 on: January 10, 2009, 11:49:23 am »
Ennis waited until the last minute to tell Jack that he would not be able to get away in August.

=birthday greetings= Fran

Hope you enjoy every minute of the day.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:52:51 pm by memento »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"N" is nonplusses
« Reply #18753 on: January 10, 2009, 06:27:04 pm »
Although frantically happy on the birth of Bobby, on the day they visited, LD's purported resemblance nonplusses Jack, who retrieves the formula.

=aside= Fran
Happy Birthday!

=aside= Players
For fun, check out Rounds 633 and 634, starting on page 1622!

Offline Fran

"O" is optioning
« Reply #18754 on: January 10, 2009, 07:22:58 pm »
After optioning Annie Proulx's Brokeback Mountain  with their own money, Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana spent three months writing the screenplay.

=aside= Sandy and Paul
Thanks for remembering my
birthday!

633 and 634 sure bring back
many happy memories.

:)

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"P" is parties
« Reply #18755 on: January 10, 2009, 07:39:17 pm »
President Chen Shui-bian yesterday used the Oscar nominated movie Brokeback Mountain as an analogy to describe relations between the US and Taiwan, stressing the importance of both sides seeking ways to reconcile and cooperate with one another to reach the common pursuit of a "great new world."

Although Brokeback Mountain revolved around the issue of same-sex relationships, its most profound lesson transcends the love affairs in the movie, Chen said.

"It motivates us to understand that all of us are bound to make a difficult decision in life; yet we must strive to dispel prejudice, create trust, uphold mutual respect, and seek ways to reconcile and cooperate with one another, because only by so doing can we together reach the frontier of a `great new world,'" he said.

During the speech, Chen also reiterated the importance of the government's new cross-strait economic policy of "active management, effective opening."

Pressed to comment on Chen's analogy, Ma said last night that for US-Taiwan relations to be like the characters in Brokeback Mountain, both parties needed to trust each other.

The two main characters in the movie knew what the other was thinking and doing at all times, and did not spring "surprises" on each other, Ma said.

Chang Yun-ping,

=aside= Fran

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
"R" is ripsnorting
« Reply #18756 on: January 11, 2009, 01:43:05 am »
Jack and Ennis had a ripsnorting good time around the campfire most nights, swapping stories, singing songs and sipping whiskey.

=aside=Fran

Hope you had a Frantastic birthday!  :-*

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Fran

"S" is spouts
« Reply #18757 on: January 11, 2009, 12:26:53 pm »
Ennis lay spread-eagled, spent and wet, breathing deep, still half tumescent, Jack blowing forceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts, and Jack said, "Christ, it got a be all that time a yours ahorseback makes it so goddamn good.

[story]

=aside= Meryl
Thanks.  Yes, I did.

=aside= Paul
Show-off!!!!!  (But once again I'm impressed.)  :)
      |
      |
      |
      |
      v

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"T" is torments
« Reply #18758 on: January 11, 2009, 12:38:11 pm »
Although frantically happy on the birth of Bobby, on the day they visited, LD torments Jack and sends him on a formulaic errand.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 03:09:27 pm by Fran »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
"U" is ungulate
« Reply #18759 on: January 11, 2009, 01:15:18 pm »
When Ennis suggested that Jack might not be happy with his choice of a certain low-startle-point ungulate as his mount, he merely replied, "I doubt there's a filly that can throw me.  Let's get, 'less you wanna stand around and tie knots all day."
Ich bin ein Brokie...