Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5490116 times)

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
"I" is inattentiveness
« Reply #18790 on: January 15, 2009, 05:52:22 pm »
Ennis' marriage to Alma bottoms out because of his inattentiveness, never taking a vacation with her and the girls, and doing "what she hated".

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"L" is Loft
« Reply #18791 on: January 15, 2009, 06:00:09 pm »
The first time Diana Ossana saw Brokeback Mountain  in finished form up on the big screen was when she and a group of close friends and family attended a private screening of the film at The Loft Cinema in Tucson a year after shooting was over.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 09:21:40 pm by Fran »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
"M" is moistening
« Reply #18792 on: January 15, 2009, 06:23:53 pm »
Ennis managed to do some  moistening, with the help of a little spit and the clear slick.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"N" is nonthreatening
« Reply #18793 on: January 15, 2009, 11:36:04 pm »
Because Ennis found the environment on Brokeback to be nonthreatening, he was able to open up and talk about himself, remarking: "... that's the most I've spoke in a year."

Offline Fran

"O" is outpourings
« Reply #18794 on: January 16, 2009, 10:40:54 am »
The death of "Brokeback Mountain" star Heath Ledger on January 22, 2008, drew outpourings of grief from New York to Hollywood to Perth.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"P" is pretending
« Reply #18795 on: January 16, 2009, 05:15:01 pm »
By neglecting her, Ennis stopped pretending with Cassie--he got his message across.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"R" is resolute
« Reply #18796 on: January 16, 2009, 06:40:04 pm »
Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal both turn in career best performances, but it is Ledger who will probably garner the most at tention and may earn himself a gold trophy. His turn as Ennis is resolute and realistic. He captures the humble Ennis with grace, particularly in a scene when his character chooses to try and distance himself more and more from Jack. Gyllenhaal is just as impressive in his transformation, with it all coming together in a heartbreaking monologue late in the film. Magnificent supporting work is turned in by Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway, with Williams emerging as a true dramatic force.

Offline Fran

"S" is sprinkled
« Reply #18797 on: January 16, 2009, 08:17:21 pm »
So now he knew it had been the tire iron. He stood up, said, you bet he'd like to see Jack's room, recalled one of Jack's stories about this old man. Jack was dick-clipped and the old man was not; it bothered the son who had discovered the anatomical disconformity during a hard scene. He had been about three or four, he said, always late getting to the toilet, struggling with buttons, the seat, the height of the thing and often as not left the surroundings sprinkled down. The old man blew up about it and this one time worked into a crazy rage. The old man blew up about it and this one time worked into a crazy rage. "Christ, he licked the stuffin out a me, knocked me down on the bathroom floor, whipped me with his belt. I thought he was killin me. Then he says, 'You want a know what it's like with piss all over the place? I'll learn you,' and he pulls it out and lets go all over me, soaked me, then he throws a towel at me and makes me mop up the floor, take my clothes off and warsh them in the bathtub, warsh out the towel, I'm bawlin and blubberin. But while he was hosin me down I seen he had some extra material that I was missin. I seen they'd cut me different like you'd crop a ear or scorch a brand. No way to get it right with him after that."

[story]

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"T" is tightens
« Reply #18798 on: January 16, 2009, 08:51:08 pm »
In the dozy embrace scene, Ennis tightens his tough yet tender hold on Jack.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"U" is unfastens
« Reply #18799 on: January 17, 2009, 12:36:47 am »
Once Lureen decides to take the brakes off, she unbuttons her blouse, unfastens her bra and makes sure her daddy has the car back by midnight.