Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5490290 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
"H" is happy-as-a-clam
« Reply #21500 on: January 06, 2011, 03:03:13 pm »
Even though Ennis was late, a happy-as-a-clam Jack greeted him like a happy camper, long before he went to the happy hunting ground. 

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"I" is imagines
« Reply #21501 on: January 06, 2011, 03:44:13 pm »
An excerpt from the Brokeback Mountain movie review posted by Philip Concannon at the blog known as Phil on Film:

"Brokeback Mountain opens in Wyoming in 1963. Two young men, barely twenty years old, are hanging around outside the office of a local foreman who may have some work for them. Ennis Del Mar (Heath Ledger) is an upright, silent, ruggedly handsome character who barely moves a muscle. Jack Twist (Jake Gyllenhaal) is slightly more animated, a little restless, and one imagines that he would be only too happy to strike up a conversation with this stranger. Not a word is said, however; with only a few suspicious, guarded glances being exchanged beneath Ennis’ broad-rimmed hat."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"L" is locus
« Reply #21502 on: January 06, 2011, 05:59:13 pm »
A number of towns in Alberta took turns being the locus for shooting on the new film of Annie Proulx's "Brokeback Mountain" in the year 2004.

=aside=Players
Nice to see you all here in the new year  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"M" is mischievous
« Reply #21503 on: January 06, 2011, 08:34:15 pm »
An excerpt about his(Jake's) role in Brokeback Mountain from the latest EW:

Gyllenhaal seems mystified by the hoopla surrounding his controversial role in Mountain: "I really did approach it like I would any love story. No matter how weird people might think it is or how fucked up they might consider a certain relationship to be, if there is love there, then that's all that matters." Asked about rumors that the film's love scenes break explicit new ground, he laughs coyly. "I mean...I don't know...Um, all I can say is that they're there." Another mischievous laugh.

Sounds promising!

Backup Singer: Brokeback Mountain]

Offline Fran

"N" is nickels
« Reply #21504 on: January 06, 2011, 10:50:20 pm »
When co-producer James Schamus was asked how he thought his new film (Brokeback Mountain) would be received "out there in the sticks," he replied, "I honestly don't know. The film is a kind of trade-off, in some ways, because it pretty much refuses the mantle of the traditional Western, while at the same time, wholeheartedly embracing the American West. But while I don't want to undersell the film, or insist on its ridiculous frugality, we did make this epic by rubbing two nickels together. So if even a couple of ranchers in Butte, Montana, wander into the cinema by mistake, we'll be in profit."

Interview:  James Schamus

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"O" is overreacting
« Reply #21505 on: January 08, 2011, 10:49:39 am »
Both Alma and Ennis ended up overreacting to their new reality that involved Jack Nasty.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"P" is poker
« Reply #21506 on: January 08, 2011, 05:22:11 pm »
While peeling potatoes, Jack tried to maintain a poker face and not sneak a peak at his soon-to-be new lover.

Offline Fran

"R" is red-lines
« Reply #21507 on: January 10, 2011, 12:59:04 am »
Jack red-lines it all the way from Childress to Riverton for the four-year reunion.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"S" is struts
« Reply #21508 on: January 10, 2011, 12:59:38 pm »
Ennis is heading to the men's room when his new friend Cassie struts over to ask him to dance.

=aside= Fran

"What's this?  It's Fran's birthday?  Fascinating!"
Have a great one, Fran!

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"T" is toughen
« Reply #21509 on: January 10, 2011, 01:40:25 pm »
After years of verbal abuse from L.D., Jack decided that at this year 's Thanksgiving he (and possibly the turkey) had to toughen up, and threatened to kick the stuffing out of L.D.

=aside= Fran