Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5379290 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
=reply to Fran=
« Reply #420 on: April 10, 2006, 12:38:20 pm »
Long story short, either you guys want to play by the rules or you don't.

Please don't misunderstand, Fran.  I think you do a wonderful job.  I do play by the rules (except when I make a mistake, which we are all capable of).  I love that we have rules and I even agree with all of them (especially the "give others a chance to play and wait your turn").  The only rule I don't agree with is the one that says it's okay for a moderator to delete someone else's post.

I just know from experience that people make mistakes, forget rules, etc.  and that not everybody is going to live up to the very high standards set here.  I'm fine with impartial, even-handed pointing out of mistakes (which you are very good at, Fran.  It's commentary whilst pointing it out, that I have a harder time with).  

As I said in my PM to the moderators a week or so ago, it seems like we have to accept and play around people's mistakes.  And since the careful moderators are the ones who update the excellent list of already-played words, and we all use that as our base when choosing a new word to play, mistakes drop into some oblivion by not making it onto that list.  (The list which I suggested we begin keeping, and for which I will admit I was hoping to get some acknowledgment.)

So anyway, I love and value this game and, as you know, I have strongly admired your playing of it, Fran.  

Clarissa
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 12:45:26 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline Ellemeno

P is for pan
« Reply #421 on: April 10, 2006, 12:43:54 pm »
I love watching Ennis work that pan.

Offline ThePirateBride

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Q is Quentin
« Reply #422 on: April 10, 2006, 12:50:31 pm »
Quentin Lowery is one of Jacks stunt doubles (I wonder if he's the one that jumps into the lake!?) ;D
Now bring me that horizon.♥We have our heading.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
=reply=
« Reply #423 on: April 10, 2006, 12:56:15 pm »
Ellemeno et al.,

My "either you guys want to play by the rules or you don't" comment wasn't only addressed to Ellemeno; it's for everyone. On second thought, it probably shouldn't have been voiced but since it stands, here goes:

By now, most of the regular players have a pretty good grasp of the ABCs rules. Any one of you can jump in with a correction. You don't have to wait for a moderator to point out an error. This is the point I was attempting to make. Besides, the sooner an error is noted, the better, as it will prevent ensuing confusion. The early part of this current round is a good example of that.

I think enough has been said on this matter.

Fran
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 01:28:49 pm by Fran-60614 »

Offline Ellemeno

=reply to reply=
« Reply #424 on: April 10, 2006, 01:00:02 pm »
I apologize  - I had noticed the person do W right after U at the time and didn't say anything then.  I shouldn't have waited and brought it up later.  I don't know if I have it in me to point out people's errors.  But I shouldn't have done it gleefully later to annoy anyone.  (Which was my intent, for which I am now contrite and a little mortified.)

Clarissa

Offline ThePirateBride

• Brokeback Got Me Good
=compliment=
« Reply #425 on: April 10, 2006, 01:04:34 pm »
Most gracious, ladies!  Applause for playing nicely on the playground!  Onward with "R."

Offline Fran

"R" is rabbit
« Reply #426 on: April 10, 2006, 01:06:04 pm »
Jack:  "You should see Lureen, punchin' numbers into her adding machine, huntin' for extra zeros, her eyes gettin'smaller and smaller, it's like watchin' a rabbit tryin' to squeeze into a snakehole with a coyote on its tail."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 01:10:28 pm by Fran-60614 »

Offline Ellemeno

S is sad
« Reply #427 on: April 10, 2006, 01:06:56 pm »
Story Ennis didn't want to be a sad daddy.

Offline ThePirateBride

• Brokeback Got Me Good
T is train
« Reply #428 on: April 10, 2006, 01:11:22 pm »
A train rumbles past while Ennis is waiting outside Aguirre's office.   :)

Offline Fran

"U" is underwear
« Reply #429 on: April 10, 2006, 01:14:45 pm »
Proulx wrote that neither Jack nor Ennis wore underwear up on Brokeback.