Author Topic: It Gets Better....  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
It Gets Better....
« on: September 29, 2010, 06:03:23 pm »
   "it gets better" is a Youtube campaign, that's been spreading around on site. Which perpose has been to help young gay teenagers to see that even if it feels that you are alone and everything are against you, there are lights in the end of the tunnel. Reason for this campaign is the Indiana teenage boy; Billy, who decided to committed suicide after being taunting by his classmates, because of his sexual orientation. I felt that this campaign needed to have a little space here at bettermost as well, so here you go. So feel free to post anything you like...

Darren Hayes (Savage garden) are one of those people who have decided to share his message in this campaign.

(Unfortunately i am not sure whats wrong with my link function because I ain't able to to see what I link. If someone knows whats wrong, please let me now.)  

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
s=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
s=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

http://newteevee.com/2010/09/24/dan-savage-starts-it-gets-better-youtube-campaign-for-gay-teens/

[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="
s=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
s=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Sophia

Re: It Gets Better....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:27:48 pm »
This campaign started by Dan Savage and his boyfriend.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="
&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:15:45 pm »
I've talked about this on my blog, I'm contemplating doing my own video on YouTube.  I have a Webcam and it would be easy to do.

Perhaps this weekend.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sophia

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 01:47:47 pm »
I've talked about this on my blog, I'm contemplating doing my own video on YouTube.  I have a Webcam and it would be easy to do.

Perhaps this weekend.

I am looking forward to see it.  :)
Its such a great thing and I am glad that you feel you can share your story.
I am sure a lot of people need to hear there are hopes outwhere, even if we live in a heteronorm society.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 11:30:01 pm »

"it gets better" is a Youtube campaign, that's been spreading around on site. Which perpose has been to help young gay teenagers to see that even if it feels that you are alone and everything are against you, there are lights in the end of the tunnel. Reason for this campaign is the Indiana teenage boy; Billy, who decided to committed suicide after being taunting by his classmates, because of his sexual orientation. I felt that this campaign needed to have a little space here at bettermost as well, so here you go. So feel free to post anything you like...

Darren Hayes (Savage garden) are one of those people who have decided to share his message in this campaign.

(Unfortunately i am not sure whats wrong with my link function because I ain't able to to see what I link. If someone knows whats wrong, please let me now.)  

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
s=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

http://newteevee.com/2010/09/24/dan-savage-starts-it-gets-better-youtube-campaign-for-gay-teens/

[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="
s=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Hi, Sophia!

Go here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,46309.0.html
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 08:57:15 am »
What a great idea this campaign is, and much needed.   I've seen a few of the videos now. 

Also, Dan and Terry are a beautiful happy couple.
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline Sophia

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 06:08:12 pm »

Hi, Sophia!

Go here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,46309.0.html

I thought it was strange that you hadn't mentioned it somewhere,  :)

I tried to use the search function here at bettermost, to find a thread about; it gets better... unfortunately it ain't that good on finding the right thing.  ;D

Offline Sophia

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 06:51:12 pm »
What a great idea this campaign is, and much needed.   I've seen a few of the videos now. 

Also, Dan and Terry are a beautiful happy couple.

Oh, thats awesome. If you find someone, feel free to share.  :)