Author Topic: Ennis or Jack? Which one did you identify with more?  (Read 16418 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Ennis or Jack? Which one did you identify with more?
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2007, 12:23:45 pm »
With your openness to the truth of your heart, Lee, you are well beyond Ennis at the comparable junctures in his life. Ennis didn't realize what he had until he had lost it; you know what you want, and are arranging to make that possibility come to life. I think you are well on your way to a happier, more fulfilled existence, and unlike Ennis, it won't be too late for you.

Best wishes as always,
Scott

Thanks Scott!
I sure hope so!
I think your right but only time will tell.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2008, 11:55:53 am »
I suppose that this question will never end... we all seem to identitfy to either Ennis or Jack, and at times, change from one to the other, it seems.

Is that so?

It seems so in my life. In yours too, it changes?

Hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2008, 07:51:34 am »
Well I'm a contradiction in just about everything, Brokie and RL - lol!

I'm very much a Jack in a lot of ways - I can talk the hind leg off a donkey, and I have a tendency to be a bit of a dreamer. I'd like to believe in a "sweet life", but I never can quite get it to come off. I tend to be an optimist, and I usually jump into things feet first without thinking, and to hell with the consequences, and say things on the spur of the moment - I'm very impulsive. I guess I'm a romantic at heart, and I like to think that anything's possible if you want it enough.

At the same time though I can relate to Ennis also. I don't always find it easy to say what I really feel, particularly when it's something big. I have a tendency at times to panic if I'm put on the spot and made to confront my feelings. In the past in relationships I've panicked when I've felt I was being boxed in and forced to make a commitment when I didn't feel comfortable with it and being public.

I guess most of the time I'm a Jack-girl, but I'm still looking for my "Ennis" 

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 06:22:27 am »
In a test whose tittle is the same than this thread,I ended being an Ennis,because -according to the result-:-" You are Ennis Del Mar. Fair, strong, and willful, you take time to consider your decisions and you stand by what you believe in." And it's fairly true¡.Some people say that I'm an Ennis too  in these qualities,but I'm like Jack in being quick in reactions,funnier and dreamer.And this is how I feel in general:more a Jack,whom I also feel more identified with,for his way of seeing and living life,for his reactions,for his way of fighting for getting what he wanted...
Moreover,there was a time in my life in which I was like Jack; I was pleading for a "sweet life together"until the last moment,but the other person-a woman-was very Ennis in this situation.Her existential phrase was really"If you can't fix it,you've got to stand it",she had a lot of fears about other people's reactions, about changing her life,about her duties...At the end,I knew how to quite her and I did.And I became a little more Ennis to protect me.
So,as I'm a mess as a person,it's not strange that I'm part of both of them:60 % Jack and 40% Ennis would be the fairest quantity...even if I emphatize and feel more identified with Jack,doubtless  :)

I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.