Author Topic: Good Jake News  (Read 6472 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Good Jake News
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 01:51:45 pm »
So he gets top billing, for his performance from an inferior movie.

Her performance has been acknowleged, and so has the director's work, but he's to be remembered for Jarhead?!!!!

I swear!

No homophobia there, right?!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 09:44:55 am »
So he gets top billing, for his performance from an inferior movie.

Her performance has been acknowleged, and so has the director's work, but he's to be remembered for Jarhead?!!!!

I swear!

No homophobia there, right?!

I hear ya.  It bugs the daylights outta me, too.
No more beans!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 02:46:58 pm »
Does anyone know who prepares these releases?  Leaving out BBM was a deliberate omission. No doubt. I mean, when Heath Ledger was announced to play the JOKER, it noted his role in Brokeback Mountain. You think with the Batman crowd (alot of teenage males), they'd be more likely to downplay BBM then an international thriller set in Cairo. I'd think the latter film would appeal  to a more mature audience., i.e. along with the film Zodiac. 

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 04:57:08 pm »
Does anyone know who prepares these releases?  Leaving out BBM was a deliberate omission. No doubt. I mean, when Heath Ledger was announced to play the JOKER, it noted his role in Brokeback Mountain. You think with the Batman crowd (alot of teenage males), they'd be more likely to downplay BBM then an international thriller set in Cairo. I'd think the latter film would appeal  to a more mature audience., i.e. along with the film Zodiac.

This one in particular came from Reuters/Hollywood Reporter, for what it's worth.

Whoever the guy and his bosses are - they're a bunch of boneheads (at best) if you ask me.
No more beans!