Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2141038 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2006, 11:57:27 pm »
Dang...I done took a wrong turn! I was going to answer a post about a saleslady>>>

maybe it was in the car thread

*Jess tiptoes back out*

lol

You were in the right place. I posted it, thought about it and deleted it. I started feeling guilty about posting it. It sounded so evil. What were you going to say about this rude, obnoxious, impertinent saleslady?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2006, 12:00:44 am »
you were trying to drive me insane....make me think I am imagining things... >:( >:(

LOL!!

I was gonna blame the 60's...

yep its them hippies fault!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2006, 12:05:33 am »
My roommate and I are watching "Saturday Night Fever" on DVD.

God. That movie brings back so many memories. I can't believe I actually use to dance to that music! <blush>

There was a disco up at Castleton Square that admitted minors (They didn's serve alcohol at that particular disco) and I use to go there every weekend and dance. They had the flashing dance floors, spinning mirrored balls, strobe lights and everything.

Then, somewhere around 1979 or 1980, they announced on the radio that everyone should "smash their disco records". That was the end of disco. I kept mine of course.

Hey, I'm gay, what can I say?  :D

injest

« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2006, 12:07:14 am »
I still have my old 45s and lps...LOL...and I am straight...hey, good music is good music!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2006, 12:10:55 am »
I still have my old 45s and lps...LOL...and I am straight...hey, good music is good music!!

You got that right Jess. I still have all of mine too; the 45's, the 33 1/3's, and I even have some records I owned when I was very young.... they are 78's!  :D

injest

« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2006, 12:15:37 am »
I even have one ol 8 track...

but I don't have a player...I have a stereo that will play the records (not 78 though)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2006, 12:18:28 am »
I bet I'll regret saying this in the morning.....

I use to strut into that disco like I owned the place. I would wear my polyester pants (yipes!), silk screened shirt (I had a dozen of them), black shiny shoes and a gold chain necklace around my neck.

I danced the hell out of the place too! I even won a few dance competitions!   :D

We gay guys got the moves!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 12:57:17 am by David925 »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2006, 12:20:51 am »
I even have one ol 8 track...

but I don't have a player...I have a stereo that will play the records (not 78 though)

Oh, those 8 tracks were THE WORST! If you wanted to listen to a song over again, you had to wait until all the other songs on track repeated.... normally 3 or 4 of them.

What were they thinking when they invented those?  ::)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2006, 12:21:51 am »
Well, I have a betamax...I have to drag it out every once in a while to watch a favorite old tape.

I went to a progressive music festival tonite that made me feel better. Every other song was by Yes, Pink Floyd, or Jethro Tull. I have actually seen Yes in the flesh. Then, at the end, I got to see our own lauragigs in a band called the League of Prog. They did original tunes (as far as I can tell) and really rocked! Laura played a violin that was like none other I have ever seen. Shaped sort of like the the Enterprise, and supercharged! She shined in the center spotlight altho flanked by a bassman, two guitars, a keyboardist and a drummer. Photos to come! Altho I'll have her take a look at them first.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

injest

« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2006, 12:23:40 am »
I bet I'll regret saying this in the morning.....

I use to strut into that disco like I owned the place. I would wear my polyester pants (yipes!), silk screened shirt (I had a dozen of them), black shiny shoes and a gold chain necklace around me neck.

I danced the hell out of the place too! I even won a few dance competitions!   :D

We gay guys got the moves!

yeah, but did you leave the shirt open all the way to your navel??  :laugh: :laugh: