Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2145972 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2006, 03:04:49 pm »
David,
 Lol.  So You don't think that dog could be anyones best friend? Actually if I had that dog sleeping at the foot of my bed every night I would always sleep with one eye opened, even if he seemed to be a good dog.

I had a somewhat of a ugly dog  before.  I got him at six weeks old. He was a runt and a mixed mutt, so I don't really know how to describe him. Anyways imagine my concern when he got uglier and uglier as he grew. .I tried to pretend I didn't notice it when others would say things like "man thats a ugly dog!  Where the hell did you get that?" or.."theres something wrong with that dog "  or " Is he half Hyheena (spelling) because he looks kinda wierd"  But I did love that dog despite all of that because I did fall in love with him as a puppy and he was really cute when he was little.

His name was Sparky. Unfortunatly Sparky got hit by a car. That was 20 years ago.  But sometimes at night, when I close my eyes to sleep,  I can still see Sparkys ugly face starring at me.  :D

Well Geri, if that dog is suppose to be somebody's best friend, that "somebody" needs to get out of the house more often.

I suppose everyone loves their pets, no matter what they look like.

But ever since I looked at that ugly, ugly dog, this little guy is beginning to look kind of cute....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I just don't know anymore. I think there's something wrong with me today.

Maybe we should stop talking about these awful dogs. It's making me physically sick.

Seriously you all. I'm going to puke.  :P

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2006, 04:28:54 pm »
What Melissa? What is what? Do you mean this............

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well, I suddenly remembered you telling me that you and Jan-Willem were thinking about getting a new puppy.

I found this one on the Internet. I could give him to you now, or I could wait and give him to you both at Christmas.   ;)

What? Don't you like your new dog, Melissa?   :o

Maybe somebody should call Egypt and tell them we just found King Tut's dog.  :P

Oh God,  David, you are killing me, I have tears streaming down my face from laughing, this is hilarious, I am using this dog as my screensaver.... My uncle and aunt told me they are getting a new dog and I just sent them this picture, telling them that we are getting a new dog too!

mvansand76

« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2006, 04:31:00 pm »
We have only two words to describe this awful creature from hell: VIES MORMEL!!!!!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2006, 04:38:14 pm »
Like the old women say when they see a real ugly baby: Bless its heart.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2006, 05:43:05 pm »
Couldn't help but get caught up in all this chatter over this, well what can I say, ugliest poor little pooch.....chances are, he would be very lovable....but I think his owner would be arrested if he took it walking in the street.

Pretty soon Christmas in July won't just be another excuse to have a sale.   :-\

I just can't believe it.

Saw this about Christmas in July.....and thought I would let you know, that here in Australia, where it is the middle of summer at Christmas time.....during July,(our winter here), many places hold Christmas in July events.....I guess to give us all the feel of what a cold Christmas would feel like....they have the full hot Christmas dinner and festivities, log fires the whole bit.....the most popular places for these are in our mountain areas, where it is the coldest, and the slightest possiblity that their might be a little snow fall.....

Incidently, most of our christmas cards, still depict the snow covered christmas trees, reindeers in the snow etc....even though, most of us sit down to a cold, christmas dinner with salad or seafood, and spend the afternoon at the beach....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2006, 07:33:44 pm »
David'
Maybe this will help. See he looks perfectly normal now!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 07:36:50 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2006, 08:13:13 pm »
omfg poor dog ! almost as ugly as me =P :laugh: :o
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2006, 09:36:11 pm »
David'
Maybe this will help. See he looks perfectly normal now!

But what is "normal"?

I say tomato, you say tomahto.

Maybe if we glue some fur on him, and do something about those teeth.  :P

I'll donate some of Cody's fur if someone else will voluteer the dental work.

Now, what the hell did I do with that dog trimmer? Oh! Here it is.

<whistling> Here Cody... come here boy!

I don't know Geri. I'm afraid if we stick too much fur on him he'll end up looking like Cousin It from the Addam's Family.

God that sucker is ugly.  >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2006, 09:38:23 pm »

Incidently, most of our christmas cards, still depict the snow covered christmas trees, reindeers in the snow etc....even though, most of us sit down to a cold, christmas dinner with salad or seafood, and spend the afternoon at the beach....

That sounds pretty good to me Katie. Over here people spend thousands of dollars to sit on the beach during Christmas.   :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2006, 09:52:25 pm »
We have only two words to describe this awful creature from hell: VIES MORMEL!!!!!

I have some words to describe it, but if I use them here I'll probably be banned from the forum.  :-X

"Vies Mormel" sounds good to me. Besides, Halloween is coming soon.